Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University IT is searching for an Application
Specialist who has proven experience with planning and managing
technical support services to ensure a high performing enterprise
application solution which is essential for university business
processes, decision making, and strategic planning. This position
partners with functional users and technical colleagues to identify
evolving business and/or data requirements, develop reports and
data sets, resolve technical problems, investigate opportunities
associated with new technologies, and maximize the efficient and
effective use of enterprise applications. This position will allow
for hybrid/remote work a few days a week. Candidate must be able to
get to campus quickly should an issue occur.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have
over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
: Commensurate with experience and training,
plus comprehensive benefits starting on the first day of
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium, with coverage
starting on the first day of employment for employee and all
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Group life insurance – Equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – Available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children.
- Long Term Disability Insurance – Available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period.
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – For employee, spouse, and
- Personal leave – Up to 6 days per year.
- Vacation leave – Up to 10.4 days accrued per year for
first year, increases to 15.6 days per year after 1 year.
- Sick leave – Up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year.
For description of benefits available, see The State System
Employee Benefits Summary at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- 2 years of IT experience in application
administration/development and an associate degree in an IT related
field OR 4 years of IT experience that includes 2 years of
experience in application administration/development OR a
bachelor’s degree in any IT related field.
- Knowledge of multiple areas of focus in application specialty
- Knowledge of enterprise applications and reporting development
tools applicable to university enterprise architecture.
- SQL experience.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated skill in system workflow and business process flow
analysis and design.
- Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology,
which also includes Microsoft Office 365 (one note, teams), email,
intranet, internet, and other systems.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving
- Good organizational skills, management skills, and project
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Successful Interview.
- Successful completion of three background clearances.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Prior experience with hardware devices (example Card ID door
- Experience working in higher education.
- This position will allow for hybrid/remote work a few days a
- Must be able to get to campus quickly should an issue