The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, College of Science and Health, Department of Physics, invites applicants for a full-time academic year tenure-track Assistant Professor in medical physics, experimental biophysics, or biomedical engineering (all fields broadly defined) to start on August 28, 2023.
The Department is seeking a colleague with expertise in medical physics, experimental biomedical physics, or biomedical engineering (all fields broadly defined) to complement a thriving undergraduate research program in the areas of quantum optics, surface physics, nuclear physics, biomechanics, and observational astronomy, as well theoretical research in astrophysics and low-temperature quantum mechanics.
- Teach a variety of physics courses, including large introductory classes; upper-level physics courses (possibly including biophysics, nuclear science, or radiation physics);
- Advise students in the physics major including the biomedical concentration;
- Maintain a productive program of experimental research that involves undergraduates;
- Aid in achieving departmental goals and implementing the strategic plan;
- Contribute to departmental, college, and university service activities