What We Are Looking For
National University is currently seeking a dynamic individual to
become part of our Technology team as the Salesforce Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Development Responsibilities.
- Assist project team (PM, BA, SQA, etc.) in developing solutions
that help achieve business and technical goals.
- Perform Requirement/Solution Analysis.
- Develop Project Plan.
- Responsible for Project Staffing and Resource allocation.
- Responsible for coordination of tasks between Engineering and
- Responsible for the review and analysis of Engineering
- Provides development support during SQA/UAT.
- Help design and architect the Salesforce platform as used at
National University System.
- Ensures that solutions provided fit into the overall
- Ensures that solutions provided are flexible, extensible, and
- Develops and adapts quality software engineering processes that
allow the team to provide solutions in our challenging environment
within project constraints.
- Provide support as needed to production systems ensuring that
both internal and external customer needs are met.
- Identify the risks and plan mitigation for the project(s).
- Communicate/escalate the project issues to leadership as
- Support University System and Department Goals.
- Display a commitment to deliver systems in a timely manner
according to business need.
- Motivate staff to deliver quality projects within
- Lead projects for technologies or systems that may lay outside
- Aggressively work to provide solutions to challenges as they
- Mentor and Coach team members as necessary.
- Possess a positive and constructive attitude.
- Evaluate team member performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of
E ducation and Experience
- Proven experience with Software Design and Architecture,
especially within the Salesforce Platform.
- Expert skill level with Apex, VisualForce, Lightning, and
- Expert experience with database design concepts and use of
SOQL, SOSL, and SQL.
- Able to automate business processes using Salesforce automation
tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow,
Assignment Rules and E-mail Alerts.
- Salesforce Developer certification a plus.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques
to assure efficient program logic, data manipulation, and customer
- Ensures effective inter- and intra-team communications.
- Participates in the deployment of new technology.
- Coordinates and collaborates with coworkers, internal
customers, and other project team members.
- Consults with end-users on system requirements; understands,
recommends, and provides technical advice.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and maintains a
positive, professional image.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the
Microsoft Office suite.
- Master's degree with focus in Computer Science or software
development and two (2) years as a software developer/engineer
required or Bachelor's degree with focus in Computer Science or
Programming and four (4) years as a software developer.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for
The National University System is committed to maintaining a
high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations
we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the
System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over
41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global
education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating
a supportive academic and work environment that allows for
students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents
while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to
diversity. With programs available both online and at our many
campus locations, the National University System is a leader in
creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of
our diverse student population, including adult learners and
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.