The Juilliard School is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its faculty, staff, students, and other members of the Juilliard community, and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, alienage, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. This nondiscrimination policy covers, but is not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, benefits, rates of pay and other forms of compensation as well as student admission, access, and treatment in school programs and activities.
Working as a member of a highly collaborative team, the Coordinator for Community Engagement and Career Services at Juilliard is responsible for managing all student and alumni payroll onboarding processes and financial transaction administration for the office through an Oracle-based system called Cadence. The ideal candidate will have a close eye for detail in data entry and data management, be methodical and consistent, and have an aptitude for learning and navigating workflow systems. This office connects students and alumni to professional opportunities and resources through its Fellowship programs, grants programs, online Career Portal, the Hire Juilliard Performers program, and curricular and co-curricular offerings, all of which help college students become communicative and socially responsible artists, learn to serve the cultural needs of their communities, and develop agency in agency in their careers.
Performance series and events: Hire Juilliard Performers (500+ events per year), Community Engagement Fellowships (400+ events per year), public-facing events (5-10 events per year), guest artist performances and workshops (20-40 events per year)
Fellowship programs (approximately 100-125 Fellowships awarded per year): Gluck Community Service Fellowship (GCSF), Morse Teaching Fellowship, McCabe Guitar Fellowship, Music Advancement Program Fellowship, and Combining Literacy Instruction with Musical Beginnings (CLIMB).
Grant programs: Career Grants, Project Grants, Jakab Global Grants, Entrepreneurship Grants, and post-graduate grants
- Manage Human Resources and Finance tasks related to the Hire Juilliard Performers, Fellowships, grants, and events
- Verify payroll status for all personnel in these programs
- Complete all onboarding tasks in Cadence for all Hire Juilliard Performers students and alumni, Fellowship students, and guest artist presenters, including communicating onboarding instructions with personnel being hired, reviewing and processing onboarding applications in Cadence, and following up with personnel being hired to ensure the process is completed
- Create check requests and reimbursement requests for Hire Juilliard Performers, Fellowships, grants, and guest artist presenters
- Create, send, and follow up about payments for invoices with clients for Hire Juilliard Performers clients
- Maintain internal records of payments, hiring status, and contracting for Hire Juilliard Performers, Fellowships, grants, and events using Airtable
- Run weekly status reports regarding client and employee payments for accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Create and maintain accurate client and employee records in Cadence
Additional responsibilities as requested:
- Corresponding with Marks Center clients via phone and email
- Review and track Hire Juilliard Performance event reports
- Assist with data entry in GradLeaders for Hire Juilliard Performer Clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in arts administration or higher education administration
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual with ability to prioritize and effectively multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Oracle-based data management systems
- Experience in or appreciation for the arts
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.