The General Education program is currently seeking part-time
faculty to teach general education classes at Amazon distribution
centers in San Diego, California, San Bernardino, CA, Houston, TX.
The part-time Adjunct Faculty position will be teaching 4-week
courses in onsite or hybrid onsite/online formats. The available
courses are Effective College English, Advanced Composition,
and Information Literacy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead classroom sessions on-site, online, or in hybrid formats
according to university policies.
- Provide expertise in assigned content area by maintaining
current knowledge in the field.
- Respond to student needs in a timely fashion, typically within
- Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments,
and post grades.
- Participate in online class discussion boards.
- Emphasize student-centered learning by promoting student
inquiries and encouraging participation in their own learning.
- Maintain a positive, safe, student-centric learning
Materials Needed for Submission:
- Master’s Degree in Composition Studies, Rhetoric, Creative
Writing, Literature, or a related writing-intensive field.
- At least two years of classroom teaching experience at the
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Cover Letter highly preferred.
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be
required to submit translation/degree evaluation from one of our
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative
environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and
create people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for
each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at
National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply
in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status,
veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other
legally protected group status.