The College of Health and Human Sciences (CHHS) at Colorado State University (CSU) invites applications for a Student Success and Recruitment Specialist. The 12-month administrative professional appointment has an anticipated start date of January 9, 2023.
The Student Success and Recruitment Specialist will be instrumental in advancing the College’s student success initiatives and implementing efforts to coordinate and strengthen student retention and develop academic advocacy efforts and high-impact co-curricular student experiences. The Student Success and Recruitment Specialist will also oversee the College’s strategic recruitment plan, manage admissions recruitment visits, interactions, and events, and be the first point of contact for prospective students and their families. The Student Success and Recruitment Specialist will be supervised by the CHHS Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs and will collaborate with the CHHS Communications Team and the College’s eight academic units on behalf of all student success and recruitment initiatives.
Student Success coordination: ·
- Collaborate with college leadership to create and implement strategic student success initiatives that best serve our students, degree programs, and college.
- Support student success programming, including academic advocacy initiatives, tutoring, experiential and high-impact learning, university-level retention efforts, teaching effectiveness practices, and endeavors to increase graduation rates and post-graduation placement.
- Collaborate with unit-level faculty and staff to promote a holistic student success culture supporting academic and student success.
- Help enhance and support academic and co-curricular student experiences from the first year through graduation with the aim of increasing student learning, retention, and success.
- Assist with analyzing and interpreting data to inform student success initiatives and measure effectiveness for the purpose of strategic planning and implementation.
- Liaise with CHHS unit-specific leaders and university-wide student-success network as a point of contact for and on behalf of the college.
- Support decision-making and strategizing related to identifying and implementing student success initiatives/efforts. These decisions (in composition and complexity) vary based on the needs of the students, their families, available resources, and desired outcomes.
Student Recruitment duties:
- Responsible for recruiting first-year and transfer undergraduate students and supporting graduate student recruitment efforts, with an emphasis on increasing student diversity, specifically increasing enrollment for students of underrepresented identities.
- Responsible for the college’s presence at university recruitment events and creating college- and unit-specific virtual and in-person visits for prospective students and their families. Represent the college at in-person and virtual events with face-to-face interactions and presentations to prospective students and their families. Event responsibilities include developing and implementing college-specific events accompanying Admissions’ Visit Day programming, organizing participation from departments, programs, staff, faculty, and CHHS Student Ambassadors in Admissions events.
- Connect with prospective students and families in person and via phone, email, text, videoconference, social media, and other means to inform them about CHHS academic programs; answer questions; and connect them with department faculty, advisers, and other recruitment contacts.