This position creates, implements, and maintains a design for the
storage and maintenance of various on prem and off prem database
systems. This position is also responsible for participating in the
development and deployment activities for those systems. Create
scripts for data maintenance and bug fixes. Works with various
teams to provide information, knowledge, coordination, and tools
that support the growth and continued success of NUS. Relies on
knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Significant
ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Develop and maintain data extraction, transfer and loading
(ETL) from various sources using Python, SSIS or other tools.
- Implement appropriate security measures throughout the data
- Responsible for maintaining metadata management and data
quality activities so that data are accurate, reliable and
- Provide support as needed to production systems ensuring that
both internal and external client’s needs are met.
- Facilitate the transmission and understanding of data to enable
fact-based decisions to various stakeholders, such as leadership,
faculty and staff.
- Provide reliable and timely data that supports strategic
planning, student success initiates, and educational and
- Utilize various software tools and reporting services to
deliver actionable data to end-users in a digestible form.
- Possess a positive and constructive attitude.
- Reasonable and consistent Attendance to fulfill requirement of
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- T-SQL or other SQL language Databases: MSSQL, PostgreSQL,
Python, R, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau.
- Azure or Google Cloud Platform or AWS/On-Prem Hard Skills:
Build, test, and improve/maintain ETL.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Deploy/Rollback DB schema changes Create/Alter tables, views,
stored procedures, functions, indexes.
- Improve data availability, usability, integrity and
- Enjoys data wrangling. Eager to understand internal/external
business reporting needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with business
stakeholders to arrive at the appropriate solution.
- Comfortable working across departments to gather/spread
necessary knowledge to complete a project.
- Willingness to learn new languages/technologies as needed for
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- One to three (1-3) years of recent professional experience in
data analysis and/or data engineering or equivalent educational
- Experience using Azure or Google Cloud Platform or AWS/On-Prem
Hard Skills: Build, test, and improve/maintain ETL.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for
The National University System is committed to maintaining a
high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations
we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the
System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over
41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global
education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating
a supportive academic and work environment that allows for
students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents
while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to
diversity. With programs available both online and at our many
campus locations, the National University System is a leader in
creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of
our diverse student population, including adult learners and
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.