The LMS Administrator leads the effective implementation and
ongoing maintenance of the NUS Learning Management Systems (LMS)
and all supporting tools, content, and technologies, roles, users,
security, internal system notifications and other instructional
technology user accounts. LMS Administrator has primary
responsibility for optimizing LMS performance, documenting the
operation and support processes and procedures related to the LMS
application and environment, investigating and resolving LMS
application and server environment errors, and collaborating with
applicable stakeholders for the day-to-day operational support of
LMS. LMS Administrator creates and executes a long-term plan for
learning management system growth and improvement. Manages the
testing and evaluation of new features and tools that integrate
with the LMS. Creates systems and workflows to ensure that all
course resources are properly set up and available.
- Seek efficiencies in operational processes.
- Create dashboards for reporting LMS analytics.
- Works with Director of LTI to test and implement tools.
- Facilitates the escalation of and resolution for issues
connected to the learning management system and/or external
- eLearning, micro learning (and other) course creation and
implementation (i.e. Articulate, SCORM, etc.)
- User / Course Creation Management
- Creates user logins as needed and assigns user
- Creates and manages user structures including the creation of
- Works with IT and Registrar to ensure proper student enrollment
- Ensures integrations to SIS are functioning correctly.
- Partners with OTLS and OLIS on instructional videos, how-to
guides, and FAQs related to the usage of the learning management
system, instructional technology.
- Documents relevant data about each external learning tool in a
- Establishes and configures the LMS, including new courses.
- Utilizes project management to ensure successful
development/implementation of course tools within the LMS,
including apps and LTI configurations.
- Manages the LMS functionality, including appearance, tabs, and
- Supports Director of LTI by tracking usage of tools and the
learning management system features to provide reports on trends
and creates and executes a plan to address those issues and
- Manages vendor relationships, especially contracts with LMS
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with
focus in information technology, education technology or related
- Master’s in technology, education, or related field
- 5+ years learning management system experience, including
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for
The National University System is committed to maintaining a
high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations
we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the
System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over
41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global
education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating
a supportive academic and work environment that allows for
students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents
while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to
diversity. With programs available both online and at our many
campus locations, the National University System is a leader in
creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of
our diverse student population, including adult learners and
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.