This position is responsible for all functional aspects of
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions’ Financial Aid modules. The analyst
will support leaders from the Financial Aid and Fiscal Operations
as they review and improve processes to deliver a best-in-class
student experience. Additionally, this position will support the
development and maintenance of internal quality assurance and
E s sential Functions:
Education & Experience:
- Provide PeopleSoft Financial Aid Functional support by acting
as subject matter expert and assisting the team in determining the
ideal configuration and implementation of PeopleSoft.
- Work on all project phases of PeopleSoft Financial Aid,
including fit/gap, configuration, and testing.
- Assists with monitoring internal controls as it pertains to the
administration of Title IV Federal Student Assistance.
- Identifies team member training needs, creates and maintains
training materials including the policy and procedures manuals
(PPM) and desktop guides, and provides training to other SFO team
- Assists with the onboarding for new team members within the
student and financial operations team.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory changes.
- Develops and implements short and long-term strategies to
- Collaborates with leaders across the University to understand
PeopleSoft issues and impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of
- With limited supervision, align technical solutions with
- Coordinate ideas; maintain internal relationships; model
business processes; replicate and measure program benefits and
develops business cases. Interview stakeholders, identify and
document requirements, validate business rules, perform testing
activities, develop training and technical guides, and support
system stabilization, support, and enhancements.
- Oversees design functionality and technical specifications for
Administrative Information systems. Manages the development and
testing of deliverables to ensure quality of University information
- Documents user requirements; evaluates performance
characteristics and generates program specifications for
information system components. Administers change management.
Resolves policy and procedural issues.
- Provides Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software back-up to
departments when necessary, including training functional analysts
and maintaining continuity for the team during absences or
replacement of staff.
- Advises functional analysts as necessary on system
configuration including security requirements, modifications and
customizations. Collaborate with the cross-functional team,
including facilitating continuous meetings, communication, training
and PUM testing.
- Analyzes systems and makes recommendations for leveraging
technology to support System initiatives.
- Instructs functional analysts, as necessary, on configuration
setups, data conversion requirements and timelines, required
reports, creation of test scripts, security requirements,
modifications, and customizations.
- Designs and implements PeopleSoft queries and reports for
continuous improvement, data validation, and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years PeopleSoft experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of financial aid, advising, training,
auditing, or accounting experience preferred.
- Proven record of translating financial aid policies into system
- Current knowledge of financial aid programs and regulations
- Experience with data processing and automated records
maintenance systems preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for
- Experience in application implementation lifecycles including
requirements and gap analysis, application configuration and
product enhancement and support; or, equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of five years PeopleSoft experience.
- Upgrade and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of available private, state and federal financial aid
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Exceptional oral and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax,
copier, phone system.
- Skill in utilizing technology, including ability to navigate
web sites, perform word processing, create spreadsheets, send
e-mail and electronic messages.
- Ability to manage projects as needed.
- Ability to use and facilitate online communications using email
and /or other technology-based communication media.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organized with good time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the
Microsoft Office suite.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional
approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and
implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to
generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that
generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge of business processes, procedures, software
upgrades and maintenance; familiarity with database methodology,
project management and application integration design.
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and working
knowledge of software programs for business processes e.g. PS
Query, SQL, SQR, PS Application Designer, PS Tree Manager, PS
Security, PS Process Scheduler, Oracle Bundle, Maintenance packs,
and web services. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a
diverse community. Ability to communicate well orally and in
writing. Ability to develop and use empathetic listening skills,
communicate with clarity and maintain an attitude that conveys,
respect, assistance, honesty and resourcefulness.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a
large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a
fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality,
diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a
network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs
more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students.
We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands
of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive
academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and
staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a
sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs
available both online and at our many campus locations, National
University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to
education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population,
including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.