This is an excellent opportunity for a Part-Time Assistant
Professor to join our highly engaged faculty in the Master of
Science in Nursing, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practitioner
program. As an integral and vital part of our teaching staff, the
successful candidate will provide students with unique and valuable
perspectives by helping them to develop critical thinking,
communication, and therapeutic nursing skills within the framework
of transcultural nursing.
: We are looking for Part-Time Assistant Professors that
can teach 12-week courses online.
- Efficiently deliver didactic and/or clinical instruction to
- Plan and deliver an effective classroom experience, in a
variety of settings, that promotes learning of course/program
- Effectively engage students, utilizing a variety of teaching
- Evaluate students in classroom and clinical settings utilizing
effective educational methods and tools.
- Grading assignments and responding to student inquires within
48 hours of assignment submission.
- Providing timely feedback to students' questions and
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty, both
verbally and through written communication.
- Focus on student-centered learning in all aspects of
- Master's degree in Nursing from a nationally nursing accredited
or regionally accredited institution.
- At least one year of continuous nursing experience in an acute
care Psych-Mental Health setting within the last 5 years, or at
least one year of teaching experience in a Nurse Practitioner
program within the last 5 years.
- Must have a current FNP or PMHNP certificate.
- Must have a current and unencumbered CA Registered Nursing
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
Materials needed for submission:
- A Ph.D. in Nursing or DNP from a nationally nursing accredited
or regionally accredited university.
- Have both FNP and PMHNP certificates.
- Previous experience teaching adult learners online.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Licenses and certificates.
- Cover Letter highly preferred.
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be
required to submit translation/degree evaluation from our approved
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative
environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and
create people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for
each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at
National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply
in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status,
veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other
legally protected group status.