This is an excellent opportunity for an Adjunct Instructor to join
our highly engaged faculty in the Department of Nursing, RN-BSN
program with the areas of Nursing Leadership, Evidence-Based
Practice, Community Population Health and Quality Improvement. In
this role, the successful candi
date will teach undergraduate courses to students seeking to gain
theoretical and conceptual knowledge in the areas of nursing.
As an integral and vital part of our teaching staff, the
successful candidate will provide students with unique and valuable
perspectives by helping them to develop critical thinking,
therapeutic communication, and nursing judgement skills within the
framework of transcultural nursing.
Note: We are looking for adjunct faculty that can teach on-site
hybrid classes at the San Diego, Los Angeles, or Ventura County
Essential Job Duties
- Efficiently deliver didactic and/or clinical instruction to
- Plan and deliver an effective classroom experience, in a
variety of settings, that promotes learning of course/program
- Effectively engage students, utilizing a variety of teaching
- Evaluate students in the classroom and clinical settings
utilizing effective educational methods and tools.
- Grading assignments and responding to student inquiries within
48 hours of assignment submission.
- Providing timely feedback to student's questions and
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty, both
verbally and through written communication.
- Focus on student-centered learning in all aspects of the
- Master's degree in Nursing from a nationally nursing accredited
or regionally accredited institution.
- Must have a current and unencumbered CA Registered Nursing
- 2 years of teaching experience at a regionally accredited
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
Materials needed for submission:
- Ph.D. in Nursing or DNP from a nationally nursing accredited or
regionally accredited university.
- Previous experience teaching adult learners in a hybrid
- 3-5 years teaching experience at a regionally accredited
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Licenses and certificates.
- Cover Letter highly preferred.
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be
required to submit translation/degree evaluation from our approved
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative
environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and
create people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for
each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at
National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply
in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status,
veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other
legally protected group status.