Adjunct faculty are valued as an integral and vital component of
the University’s teaching staff, providing unique and valuable
perspectives and contributions. We have an excellent opportunity
for Adjunct Faculty to join our highly engaged teaching staff in
the Department of Marketing and Management. To teach in this
program, candidates must have an advanced or terminal degree in
Marketing or a related field. In this role, the successful
candidate will revise existing course content and instruct students
seeking to gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in
"Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by
providing superior programs and services that are relevant and
result in meaningful learning."
Note: This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will
be teaching 4-week online and/or onsite courses in San Diego.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead classroom sessions on-site and/or online according to
- Provide expertise in assigned content areas by maintaining
current knowledge in the field.
- Posting faculty guidance and expectations.
- Respond to student needs in a timely fashion or typically
within 48 hours.
- Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments,
and post grades.
- Participate in online class discussion boards.
- Have a strong emphasis on student-centered learning by
encouraging participation in their own learning and promoting
- Maintain a positive, safe, inclusive student-centric learning
Materials needed for submission:
- Master’s degree in Marketing or a related field from a
regionally accredited university.
- At least 3 year of college-level teaching experience.
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel, and
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States.
- Proficiency using Brightspace (D2L) or other online learning
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
- Unofficial Transcripts.
- Cover Letter highly preferred.
- Copies of course evaluations in supporting documents from the
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be
required to submit translation/degree evaluation from our approved
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required
to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as
preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer
terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work
is performed in an office environment and outside the office as
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative
environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and
create people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for
each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at
National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply
in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status,
veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other
legally protected group status.