Assistant Professor of Spanish with a focus on Borderlands Literature and Culture with a commitment to Spanish-language instruction, language justice, and culturally responsive pedagogies. Candidates should have a record of research, publication, teaching, and professional service. The successful candidate will produce nationally recognized research, teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students, obtain independent or collaborative research funding, and provide professional service to the program, the university, and/or the community. This is a nine-month, tenure-track appointment to begin August 16, 2023.
· Teach five undergraduate and graduate courses per year
· Work collaboratively with colleagues to build expand courses and offerings relevant to Border Studies
· Engage in research and publication
· Mentor and advise students
· Assist the department in outreach and recruitment
· Provide service to the department, college, university, and profession