Posting Details (Default Section)
Career Development Specialist
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
Commensurate with Experience
The Career Development Specialist reports to the Campus Director of
Career Development at the Florham or the Metropolitan Campus. The
primary role of the Career Development Specialist is to advise
students, in an assigned cluster, on career-related topics and
communicate with them regularly about opportunities and events. The
Career Development Specialist will work closely with faculty, staff
and employers to facilitate experiential learning and full-time
professional opportunities. In addition, the Career Development
Specialist will conduct workshops concerning resume writing,
interviewing skills and career strategies.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Work experience in higher education,
counseling, or human resources preferred, with demonstrated ability
to conduct career related workshops.
2. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
3. Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
4. Good organizational and time management skills.
5. Detail oriented.
6. Computer proficiency for word processing, spreadsheet and data
management applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
7. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter