This position works to maintain the safety of campus by removing
snow and ice from campus roadways and parking lots. This work is
carried out by operating and maintaining snow removal equipment
such as plow trucks with sanders, front-end loaders, backhoes, and
skid steer loaders. This position is a part time, on–call position
that works on an “as needed” basis as determined by weather
- Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must be insurable through Fort Lewis College insurance
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to take written and verbal direction and act upon it
- Five (5) or more years of experience operating large snow
removal equipment including plow trucks, sanders, front end
loaders, backhoes, and skid steer loaders
- Must have the ability to perform duties in and around regular
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair minor vehicle and equipment
- One or more years experience working in an institutional
- Basic computer experience related to reporting time worked and
- Ability to work in a team setting to accomplish goals
- Operates vehicles and equipment such as plow trucks, front-end
loader, backhoes and skid steer loaders to remove snow and ice from
campus roadways and parking lots
- Applies traction/de-icing media to roads and parking lot as
needed to ensure safe driving conditions
- Works on an on-call, as needed basis and must be available for
work 24/7 as required by weather conditions.
- Uses hand tools as needed to perform minor repairs such as
changing cutting edges on snow plows
- Performs pre-shift and post-shift equipment checks to ensure
vehicles and equipment are operating correctly. Identifies
potential problems and reports or corrects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that an employee can expect while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate to Heavy Noises associated with running equipment
- Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time.
- Routine exposure outside winter weather environment including
cold and wet conditions
Compensation is $26.00 per hour. This position is a part time, on
–call position that works on an “as needed” basis as determined by
A complete application packet includes:
- Cover letter or letter of Interest addressing interest and
qualifications for position
- Include details regarding how your personal or professional
experiences allow you to encourage an environment grounded in
equity and inclusion.
- Names and contact information for three current, professional
Submit materials as one PDF file via email to:
The position will remain open until filled.