About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
The Product Manager
(PM) embodies a start-up mindset,
bridging curriculum, product development, marketing, and sales to
inform a portfolio of business-to-business non-credit learning
opportunities for Unity College Sustainable Ventures (SV). The
primary responsibility of the PM is to manage the products
lifecycle and build roadmaps for all business-to-business
non-credit products to drive revenue. This position focuses on
client support and the user experience (UX), leading the effective
implementation and ongoing maintenance of learning technologies,
and all supporting tools, content, and user accounts for internal
and partner access through the various cutting-edge technologies.
The PM provides guidance on scalability and revenue growth to
monetize non-credit learning products. This position works closely
with the Vice President of Sustainable Ventures in collaboration
with stakeholders and is based out of New Gloucester, Maine.
Full job description provided at time of interview.
- Manage the lifecycle of the non-credit product from inception,
through design, to deployment.
- Facilitate and coordinate administrative aspects of non-credit
product development, delivery, and support.
- Champion of the user experience (UX) advocating for partner
needs and delivering innovative learning products.
- Act as an expert resource for non-credit learning
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap for all non-credit
- Oversees and manages customer relationship management (CRM)
software and learning management systems (LMS) applications.
- Seek efficiencies in operational processes with a strong
attention to detail.
- Establishes and configures the LMS for each partner, including
- Utilizes project management techniques to ensure successful
development and implementation of each product.
- Liaise closely with the learning experience team in the
publication, standardization and maintenance of partner learning
- Respond to and fix user issues with designed aspects of the
product and third party integrations, as they arise.
- Collaborates with partners and product designers to develop
support material including instructional videos, how-to guides, and
- Clearly communicates knowledge of technologies and user
trainings in easy to understand language.
- Develop methodologies for collecting and analyzing user
experience (UX) data generated by partners and users.
- Apply user data to generate reports and inform iterative
improvements to the UX.
- Support and refine integrations of current educational
technologies to promote effective learning strategies and to
improve learning experiences.
- Oversee revisions and outcomes-based improvements of existing
- Remain current and maintain a thorough understanding of the
latest industry technology tools and trends in upskilling and
workforce aligned learning opportunities.
- Work with the VP of SV in collaboration with stakeholders to
develop new products and test new academic and learning
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in business or relevant field.
- Three to five years relevant experience in product management
or customer retention/user experience (UX).
- Flexible start-up mindset
- Strong skills for empathizing with and analyzing user
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and
- Experience in managing multiple projects, and the ability to
schedule, prioritize and meet varied deadlines across these
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple
priorities both independently and within a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with strong
interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to stay current with rapidly changing
- Ability and willingness to work with individuals from diverse
political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical
and academic abilities.
- Demonstrated competence working with CRM, LMS, and various
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous and well poised.
Work Schedule / Availability Requirements
- Masters Degrees in Product Management, Data Analysis, UX
Design, IT, or other related fields.
- Experience fixing user experience issues (bug fixing).
- Experience with graphic design and AV elements such as the
Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Experience with virtual reality (VR) and media production.
- Experience developing non-traditional learning experiences,
corporate learning, micro-credentials, and/or badging.
- Familiarity with Universal Design and other accessibility
principles to ensure course content is accessible to all
- Proven ability to work effectively and communicate with subject
matter experts, peers, users and media developers in
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and
can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours
required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling
responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity
College employees are generally scheduled to work at their
specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is
necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend
events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required
to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for
repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and
fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the
telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity
College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental
Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental
Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms
campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the
fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation
and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Flexible work benefit eligible
- Life Insurance