The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Project Coordinator in the Office of the President.
Reporting to the President, this role is responsible for managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced professional environment with a focus on writing correspondence and other essential communications.
Specific duties include:
- Collaboration with leadership to identify and define project scope, requirements, and objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Assist and support all project and cross team needs including planning and managing events.
- Coordinate internal and external resources.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to leadership as needed, escalating issues as necessary.
- Draft written communications and other documents and presentations as required.
- Ensure all parts of an assigned project are progressing according to predetermined timelines and deliverable dates.
- When necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to achieve overall objectives.
- Assign roles and tasks to others as necessary.
- Serve as a point of communication between leadership team and external constituents and resources.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred)
- At least 3 years supporting executive/senior leadership in a corporate, government or university setting working with all levels of leadership
- 3+ years project management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Superior interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Effective time management skills
- Detail oriented and capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking projects from start to finish
- Proficient in managing, creating and organizing timelines to ensure execution of tasks
- Experience using MS Office- in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel - as well as Google Docs, Google Drive and Google Calendar
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze-Constant; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand-Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- N/A; Push- N/A; Lift<10- N/A; Lift 10-20- N/A; Lift over 50- N/A; Reach- N/A
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Salary Range Transparency: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply online and attach the following documents; http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com:
- Cover letter
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.