Adjunct Faculty - Baccalaureate Nursing Program, College for
Position Summary Information
invites applications for adjunct faculty
positions. These positions are for our College for Women which is
our traditional, day program offered Monday – Friday.
St. Catherine University nursing faculty educate students to
develop the knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism they
will need to be compassionate and successful nurses and leaders.
Our nursing programs and curricula are delivered in an environment
that embraces multicultural and social justice perspectives,
relationships, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the liberal
arts. OurBSNprogram integrates holistic
nursing theory and modalities, and is endorsed by the American
Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation. We offer nursing degrees
at every level and we offer a broad array of courses including
clinical experiences. We search for excellent nurse educators in a
variety of learning formats and with experience in different
specializations. Specific specialization needs we have identified
for ourCollege for Women
- Adult acute care
- Community / Public Health
- Mental Health care
- Pediatric acute care
We are searching for nurses to contribute to lab, clinical, and
didactic/theory components of course instruction. Most positions
require in-person instruction. Join us and give back to the nursing
profession while impacting better health outcomes!
Responsibilities include all of the
And one or more of the following:
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic
relationships with students as an educator and mentor.
- Monitor and assess student-learning outcomes and provide timely
and frequent feedback to students on academic performance.
- Collaborate with a small group of faculty to deliver
- Deliver content in online, in-person and/or hybrid
- Supervise students at clinicals.
- 2-3 sessions of on campus teaching in lab and simulation.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate,
baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day
and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing for clinical and lab instruction
- Licensed and unencumbered registered nurse in the state of
- Two years of direct or indirect practice experience in an area
- For didactic/ theory instruction positions, a graduate degree
in nursing or a related area.
- Academic preparation and teaching experience in nursing
- Teaching experience in online and/or in-person formats.
- Advanced computer skills including course management
- Experience in electronic health records and online meeting
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who
enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural
diversity and multicultural understanding. Consistent with the
University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their teaching, research and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our
commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters
of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without
distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that
is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of
religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or
disability groups that have traditionally had less representation
in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an
interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com
Application instructions for FACULTY
to apply. Required materials include a cover
letter and CV or resume. Background checks and transcripts are
required upon offer. Applications will be considered as they are
received and hiring will continue until all open adjunct positions
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity
to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms,
and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination
requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent
potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person
operations.St. Catherine University is requiring all
students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall
semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to
complete theirCOVID-19vaccination series unless
the University approves a medical or religious accommodation or
other accommodation/exemption as required by applicable
. New employees must submit vaccination documentation
or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning
work. For more information, visitstkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free
Our university is a proud member of the Upper
MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting
and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and
assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find
other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit:
Posting Detail Information
Posting Start Date
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an
- *Do you have a current, unencumbered
license as a nurse in Minnesota?
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *If a Bachelor’s degree is your
highest level of completed education, are you currently enrolled in
a nursing graduate degree program? Note that this is not required
for all positions.
- Master's degree enrolled
- Doctoral degree enrolled
- Not applicable
- *Please list your nursing practice
area(s) of study for completed degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *In which of the following areas do
you have specialized nursing knowledge?
- Acute pediatrics
- Adult med-surg
- Long-term care
- Mental Health
- Public Health
- *Select the option that best
describes your nurse educator experience.
- This will be my first college/university teaching
- I have taught at the college/university level.
- I have taught nurses in a non-academic, practice
- I have precepted nursing students during their clinical
- I have been an adjunct instructor for several years.
- I have one year of full-time teaching experience at the
- I have more than a year of full-time teaching experience at the
- *I am available to teach Monday -
Friday day hours. Adjunct positions in the College for Women
require this availability.
- Yes, my schedule is open during the day.
- Yes, my schedule is open during the day but not every day.
- No, I am unavailable to teach days.
- *Many of our positions involve
instruction in care settings that have immunization requirements.
If you are selected for one of these positions, are you willing to
meet all immunization requirements, including the coronavirus
- *Select the option that best
describes your availability to teach in different formats. Please
note that clinical and lab instruction is in-person.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format
- I am available to teach in-person only.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format or an
- *Given the way campus life inherently
puts people in close proximity to each other, including residence
and dining halls, classrooms, and gatherings, the University has
determined that a vaccination requirement is the best way to keep
our community safe and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to
more regular, in-person operations. St. Catherine University is
requiring all students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for
the fall semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and
older to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including
booster, unless the University approves a medical or religious
accommodation or other accommodation/exemption as required by
applicable law. New employees must submit vaccination documentation
or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning
work. For more information, visit
stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. We include this information to
ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge understanding
of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Holistic Nurses Association
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Nurse
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Simply Hired
- The African Nurses Network
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2