College and Career Navigator (2nd Shift)
Internal Position Title:
College and Career Navigator
: Student Recruitment and Onboarding
Responsible for developing and implementing recruitment strategies
to increase enrollment of new students at the College of Lake
County (CLC). The position also onboards and advises on academic
classes and support services to students who are new to CLC. A
successful candidate will be detail oriented, have strong
communication skills, collaborate with internal departments, and
represent the college in various committees with in CLC and
communities throughout Lake County.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays
off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid
holidays each year.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a related
2. Two years’ experience in higher education or higher education
institution, secondary education, and/or human services.
3. Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal,
presentation, computer (word processing, internet, email, database)
and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including some evening and
weekend hours, consistent with student and program needs,
5. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrated
sensitivity to and ability to work with diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of high school and
community college students, faculty, and staff.
6. Must have reliable transportation to visit local high
1. Master’s degree in a related field.
2. Experience working with community college, and under-represented
students. Some may be underprepared.
3. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Total Hours Per Week:
2nd shift - 11 - 7:30pmSome weekends or day hours, based on student
& program needs
Software Testing Required:
Powerpoint, MS Word, Excel
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
Student & Customer Service - 65%
1) Recruitment and engagement of prospective CLC students
- Develop and execute outreach and recruitment activities in
support of the college’s integrated marketing and enrollment
- Educate on the benefits of college, build awareness of college
and career options and pathways, and foster a college-going
- Customize delivery of information to varying audiences including
high school students, parents, high school counselors, local
employers, and community organization partners.
- Connect prospective students to alternative methods of exploring
CLC’s offerings, such as on-campus tours, virtual tours, experience
days, or other events highlighting academic programs and career
- Utilizes college and career exploration tools and one-on-one
coaching to build student confidence in their decision to attend
college and to pursue a specific field of interest.
- Build prospective student perception of CLC as a top choice in
- Execute targeted communication strategies and campaigns across
multiple communication modalities (call, email, text, mailings,
- Assist with student application to CLC.
2) Academic Advising
- Apply “appreciative” (strengths based) and “advising as teaching”
approaches to help students determine, discover, design and create
a pathway to their academic, career, and completion goals.
- Help students select a field of interest or a program of
- Create a holistic academic plan with the student, ensuring all
credit for prior learning has been received.
- Advises students for first semester course selection and assists
- Maintain detailed advising notes in a shared notes system.
- Follow FERPA regulations and advising professional
3) Career exploration
- Guide students through career exploration tools to assist in
career identification and connect to fields of interest and
academic programs at the college.
- Collaborate with faculty in the FOI regarding careers and connect
students with faculty mentors.
4) Financial planning
- Ensures the creation of a financial plan with the student by
connecting student to financial aid options, financial literacy
resources and educating the student about payment options and
- Collaborate with Financial Aid in understanding various funding
opportunities including scholarships and grants.
5) Support students on developing success skills, academic skills
and navigating personal situations that impact the decision to
enroll and academic outcomes
- Effectively navigate conversations with potential students to
discover the student’s story and identify potential internal and
external obstacles or barriers to enrollment.
- Begins academic skill preparation through referral to additional
testing preparation services, online modules, and workshops.
- Create an environment in which students strengthen their
self-advocacy, ownership, decision making, critical thinking, and
goal setting skills.
- Promote healthy approaches to balancing the demands of college,
work, and family to students.
- Develop relationships with FOI department and corresponding
academic units, the outreach and on-campus experience team,
financial aid, student records, registration services, and the
welcome and one stop center.
- Serve on college committees and governance as approved by the
Project Leadership - 25%
1) Case management of incoming students
- Build rapport and regularly communicate with students who have
made the decision to attend CLC from their point of acceptance
through the first day of classes.
Guide incoming students through the remaining tasks to prepare for
enrollment, such as placement, accessing financial aid, evaluation
of prior transcripts, etc.
- Maintain skills in PeopleSoft, Target X, career exploration tool,
and Microsoft software.
2) Assisting students with development of a personalized success
a) Responsible for assisting students from pre-recruitment through
first semester advising
3) Connect students with CLC community and support services
4) Collaborate with other departments to ensure a high-quality
recruitment and onboarding experience for students
5) Collaborate with high schools to ensure embedded college and
career navigator responsibilities
Department Operations and Procedures - 10%
1) Participate in professional development activities
2) Management of database tools (PeopleSoft, TargetX, etc.)
3) Collaborate with non-traditional student populations (Adult
education, other nontraditional)
4) Participation in on-campus experiences as needed
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/21499