Part-Time Staff Assistant II, Emergency Management
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Sep 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-North Harris
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-North Harris, nestled on 200 acres of piney woods, is the original and largest college in the Lone Star College System family. Serving the community for more than three decades, LSC-North Harris offers more than 60 programs of study, including university-transfer and numerous education courses and programs. LSC-North Harris is keenly focused on leading-edge technology in emerging technical job fields.
Location address is 2700 W.W. Thorne Drive, Houston, TX 77073.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Staff Assistant II performs standard and some advanced administrative duties. Duties include receiving and logging information, making copies, preparing correspondence and basic documents, answering routine questions and inquiries, maintaining databases and tracking data. He or She is responsible for providing departmental support by coordinating office activities and meetings to achieve optimum office productivity. He or She provides direct support to all division personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer, photocopier, facsimile, scanner, or calculator
- Provide information & assistance with routine and non-routine task and resolves problems from a multiple of individuals/faculty and customers/students. Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors by handling their requests and providing routine information. Provide excellent customer service support
- Responsible for procurement, budget management, reconciling accounts while communicating with internal and external vendors. Monitor expenses charged against department accounts and track on budget spreadsheets. Reconcile ProCard and T&E card expenses as they post. Maintain budget report for purchases expensed, encumbered, and the remaining balance. Create all travel and expense reports for department staff. Responsible for requisitions and purchase orders. Responsible for ordering business cards for division staff
- Provide relevant technical support for students (with computers, laptops, phones, printers, copiers, and scanners)
- Manage inventory of assets and supplies, sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submitting invoices
- Participate in developing new programs, maintaining departmental records, student files and other documents
- Create procedures for a variety of office duties to better streamline office functions
- Recruit, train, and supervise student workers
- Oversee Suite appearance through facilities department when needed
- Assist with Information Sessions, making sure that there is a sign in sheet, certificates, signs being posted
- Submit marketing requests and work requests and take care of general maintenance requests for the division
- Order office and cashiering supplies to support daily operations
- Generate reports that help others track, evaluate, and complete tasks. The requests may come from or be assigned by manager, an instructor, or counselor in the division. These items may include but are not limited to syllabus and vitae checks, adjunct leave hours per instructors, important dates to e-mail to instructors like Official day and W day, rosters with telephone number, and academic advising rosters, etc.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with common office software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED
Hourly Pay Rate is $12.50
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert