This is a part-time, 12-month Counseling Center Staff position. The
position will work 20 hours per week. This position will provide
culturally informed, direct client care to students at Drexel
University. This Staff Therapist/Psychologist will also engage in
consultation services; may provide supervision to trainees and
share crisis on-call responsibilities. Position may provide virtual
therapy services. The Staff Therapist/Psychologist will participate
in general Student Affairs functions as a member of an Office
within Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS).
- Provide culturally informed individual counseling, group
therapy, initial assessments, crisis intervention, and referral
services to students.
- Demonstrate commitment, skill and experience in diversity and
inclusion programming and clinical expertise in working with
traditionally underserved or marginalized populations.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff and administration
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups, support groups, and
conduct workshops on mental health-related topics.
- May provide supervision to trainees.
- Maintain APA professional ethics in all areas.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Attend Counseling Center Staff meetings; divisional meetings as
- Additional tasks as assigned by Executive Director.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Clinical or Counseling
- PA Licensed or license eligible.
- Experience providing personal counseling, crisis intervention,
assessment and consultation to late adolescent/ early adult
population and non-traditional students.
- Commitment and experience working with students with multiple
marginalized intersecting identities, international students,
veterans; providing culturally informed counseling, crisis
intervention and consultation.
- Minimum of a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling
University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Oct 29 2022 Eastern Daylight Time