The School of Biological and Population Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time 1.00 FTE, 9-month, Instructor of Biostatistics position.
This Instructor will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Biostatistics program in the School of Biological and Population Health Sciences, both on campus and online, advise and mentor graduate students in the Masters of Public Health (MPH) degree program, and provide service to Oregon State University.
90% – Teaching and Advising:
• Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in Biostatistics, both on campus and online, as assigned.
• Develop course materials and contribute to curriculum design, as assigned.
• Serve as Member or Chair of student committees in the MPH degree program.
• Serve as the primary graduate student advisor for Biostatistics MPH students.
10% – Service:
• Provide service to the Program, School, College, and University in the form of committee work and participation in faculty meetings.
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or Epidemiology.
- Prior teaching experience in Biostatistics or related fields.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
- Doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate and/or graduate Biostatistics courses to students in Public Health and the Human Sciences, using both in-person and online modalities.
- Interest in developing and teaching new courses in Biostatistics.
- Experience with R.
- Experiences and/or training in Epidemiology.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, equity, inclusion.