Global Campus Instructor (Pool)
Several Positions Opened Until Filled
The mission of San Diego State University Global Campus is “to be a
world leader in delivering innovative educational experiences to
all learners, expanding opportunity and transforming lives. Our
programs and technologies are ever-evolving to meet ever-changing
needs; our high level of service and support is a constant.” SDSU
Global Campus serves as a principal University liaison with the
greater San Diego community and provides a wide variety of
traditional and nontraditional, credit and noncredit educational
experiences designed to fit the lifestyle and expectations of
working adults and other lifelong learners. In addition, Global
Campus provides a range of academic and special programs for
individuals and groups at various times, in various locations, and
via various modalities, including technology based programs --
throughout the year. The primary audiences include workforce,
military, working adults and international constituencies.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under the direction of the Director, the Global Campus Instructor
is responsible for development and delivery of course-work specific
to the individual designated area of expertise.
SDSU Global Campus maintains a pool of part-time Global Campus
Instructors. Instructors must be in the pool in order to be offered
classes. Being assigned to the pool does not guarantee that you
will receive an assignment. Please apply if you would like to be
considered for the pool.
Positions/ Industries we are currently hiring
- Meeting and Event Planning Professional
- Business of Wine Professional Certificate
- Business of Craft Beer Professional Certificate
Courses are taught in both a classroom and or online setting per
SDSU needs as well as current Covid guidelines/directives.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend,
and/or off-campus classes.
The following information is intended to be representative of the
work performed by incumbents in this
position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty
or responsibility will not preclude it from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of
position responsibilities. Job descriptions may
be changed at any time based on the needs of the department.
Instruction & Course Development ( 100%)
- Produce course syllabus, based on the Global Campus template,
which clarifies both the instructor and student’s responsibilities.
Provide syllabus and handouts, and provide to Global Campus at
least two weeks prior to the start date. Materials provided must be
complete, and provided in a professional format.
- Adhere to the specified number and length of class meetings,
contact hours or supervision (whichever is applicable), and
location, as required for assigned course(s), workshop(s), and
program(s). Any change to this commitment, other than illness or
serious emergency, must be agreed to, in writing, in advance, by
the program director and or Program Manager.
- Refresh curriculum each time with the latest and most relevant
content. Ensure that content reflects the overall program
description and learning outcomes.
- Work with the Global Campus instructional designer, as agreed
upon mutually with the program director, to further develop
expertise in this area.
- Adhere to all copyright laws, scoring policies and evaluation
policies as indicated in the Global Campus instructors’ handbook,
updated via correspondence periodically. Adhere to all marketing
and customer referral policies, as outlined in the Global Campus
instructors’ handbook, updated via correspondence
- Provide instruction in accordance with established curriculum
and course outlines.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Teach all scheduled classes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Provide quality instruction, create and maintain an environment
which emphasizes teaching and learning and encourages free
discussion of ideas, interests and issues.
- Experience teaching online a plus
- Adhere to all SDSU Research Foundation policies and
- Must be a subject matter expert in the above Project
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Demonstrates competencies teaching in an online
- Experience teaching adult learners
- Prefer experience with international students
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/14292/global-campus-instructor-%28pool%29/job?in_iframe=1
- Candidate must reside in California
- Offer of employment is contingent upon fingerprint
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be
completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a
position with SDSU Research Foundation
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU
Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should
you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of
vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or
religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is not a
sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B
visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are
contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a
person's identity and authorization to work in the United States,
which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform
and Control Act.