Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is
strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity.
These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of
respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from
diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly
to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple
Xavier University invites applications for Help Desk Technician.
This individual will serve as primary Help Desk support for
students, faculty, and staff. The position provides software,
hardware, and network problem resolution. The qualified individual
will communicate with users in a friendly, effective manner,
providing technical solutions, non-technical definitions and
assistance, and end-user training as needed. The technician also
records, tracks, and escalates tickets as needed, as well as trains
and mentors, Help Desk student staff as necessary to maintain
consistent, effective service.
- Proficiency in working with and troubleshooting Windows and Mac
operating systems, printers, scanners, computer peripherals, and
mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Office 365 products.
- Ability to perform basic PC hardware troubleshooting, imaging,
and data migration.
- Experience with ITSM/ticketing software.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment yet tackle issues
without supervision if warranted.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website by
October 12, 2022
. Candidates are asked to include with
their cover letter a brief statement on how they might
support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide
vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be
granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible