Department Manager - Infrastructure and Operations (Open to
Current Mines Employees)
Mines invites applications for a department manager in FA@O
. This position provides administrative and
clerical support to the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O)
Division and has two direct reports providing administrative
services to Environmental Health and Safety and the Office of
Design and Construction. This position serves as the liaison
between I&O and other campus departments, and is the point of
contact for public relations and department web content. In
addition, the role serves as the AVP’s assistant, as well as
provides assistance to the I&O directors and managers. Finally,
the role defines departmental protocols, policies and procedures
related to assigned tasks and responsibilities.
ASSISTANT TO AVP OF INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS (35%)
- Provides support to the AVP of I&O with day-to-day
activities, projects, events, and administrative matters in a
collaborative, proactive and effective manner.
- Manages the AVP’s calendar including scheduling and
prioritizing meetings using Outlook.
- Assists AVP with creating or responding to Community emails and
conducting quarterly Community meetings; maintains a community
webpage of events and other information.
- Takes meeting minutes for AVP.
- Assists with signatures, filing, and retention of lease
agreements and amendments, and any other legal documents.
- Reconciles One Card purchases and travel for AVP using Chrome
River, as well as assisting with travel arrangements.
SUPERVISION OF INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS ASSISTANTS
- This position assigns tasks, monitors progress, and work flow.
Schedules work, and establishes work standards. The supervisor
creates and assigns tasks, monitors progress, and work flow.
Schedules work, establishes work standards. Makes supervisory
decisions for the Administrative Assistant I and Administrative
- Signs leave requests, approves achedules and work hours, and
completes and delivers performance evaluations Monitors customer
service, productivity, and quality of work provided by the I&O
- This position creates and coordinates projects; evaluates
business trends, and improves operational efficiencies. A
- s the supervisor, this position ensures employees practice
respect for the opinions of others and an awareness of the value of
diversity, safety, and environmental consciousness in the
- Coordinates projects and provides support to Business Services
- Monitors and evaluates systems, provides business direction to
- Acts as backup for I&O administrative assistants; will help
fill in when they are out of the office, need help, or if a
position needs to be filled, in order to provide continuous
HR COORDINATION (20%)
- This position oversees the preparation and processing of
student contracts, evaluations, and training.
- This position provides expertise and guidance during the hiring
process through PageUp, from putting position descriptions in
PageUp, to submitting the offer leter.
- This position assists with180 supervisory files and document
- The position is responsible for maintaining compliance with all
Mines Human Resources guidelines.
- This position interacts frequently and independently with
I&O and HR staff to ascertain appropriate action for new hires
or to correct / revise current contracts.
- The position will also assist with processing of
ACCOUNTING, ONE CARD, AND CHROME RIVER (15%):
- Organize, manage, problem solve, reconcile, and reallocate all
One Card transactions and travel reports for card-holding employees
within I&O. Serve as resource for I&O in regards to
appropriate One Card use and Chrome River. Explains reallocations
and trains new users.
- Communicates with all divisions in I&O to troubleshoot,
clarify and gather information regarding expenses. Utilize
professional judgment in processing of financial information in
situations where no specific procedure or guidelines exist.
- Collaborate and strategize with Business Services Manager to
identify and correct accounting errors, complete journal entries,
payroll reallocations, and budget transfer requests.
- Manages office supplies to include fulfilling requests for
supplies, keeping regular supplies adequately stocked, and making
adjustments to expenditures as needed.
- Advises Business Services Manager if budgetary changes are
- Oversees student worker program, assessing needs of the
department, and recommending student staffing levels, hours, and
pay rates with consideration to budget. Participates in student
hiring and training processes, determines schedules, gives
direction, and monitors performance.
- At times, errors occur in posting of expenses to indexes. The
position is responsible for finding these errors and correcting
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM (5%)
- Administer Preventive Maintenance program system for the Mines
campus which makes up approximately 1500 work orders annually. The
program includes Access Services, Building Controls, Business
Services, Custodial, Distribution Services, Electrical, EH&S,
Events, Fire, Fleet, FM Warehouse, Grounds, HVAC, Parking Services,
plumbing, Steam Plant, and Structural Trades.
- Create, update, and discontinue work orders based on requests
and feedback from shops.
- Generate new PM work orders annually. Maintain master schedule
of PM work orders.
- Creates and maintains standing labor and purchase work orders,
and provides listing of current work orders to departments at
beginning of fiscal year.
DEPARTMENT PUBLIC RELATIONS AND WEB CONTENT COORDINATOR (5%)
- Serves as the primary public relations resource for the I&O
- Communicates and presents to I&O regarding campus
information, and attends department meetings and related events to
record announcements of news and other information.
- Determines value of the information, and with whom and where to
- Contributes to the design of, and maintains and updates
department websites using WordPress.
- Trains others on how to edit web pages using WordPress.
- 4 years of experience or a substitution of education on a
- Expertise in Classified rules and processes
- Expertise in applicable sections of The Agreement with
- Driver’s License
- Knowledge of general accounting practices, of fice
administrative procedures, employee supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook,
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or other related
- Experience with FAMIS, Banner, Chrome River
- Prior work experience in a multi-facility, Higher Ed
- Takes initiative and is a ble to work effectively independently
and as part of a team
- Excellent communicator
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all
persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex,
gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry,
creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status
or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate
against community members for filing complaints regarding or
implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal
opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of
its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its
efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with
federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations,
executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent
discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the
Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of
inequity or concerns for safety.
$62,000 - $64,000
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s
education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope
and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role,
work location, and external market and internal value when
determining a salary level for potential new employees.
Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include
pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our
portfolio of benefits includes medical, dental, vision, disability
insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and
retirement savings plans. Additionally, Mines employees are
eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents),
generous paid holidays and leaves and discount programs. For more
information, visit Mines
How to Apply
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application
(personal information, demographic information, references,
veterans status) and upload a resume (required).
Contact Kathleen Feighny, HR, with any questions.
Sep 28, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time
Oct 2, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight