Description: Carroll College, a private, Catholic liberal arts college located in Helena, Montana seeks a Director of Institutional Research. Reporting to the President, the Director of Institutional Research provides leadership and performs all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for planning, assessment, and decision making. Facilitates access to information maintained in the college’s administrative/student information system to support college operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
The Director establishes, administers, and coordinates the college’s institutional research activities including:
- Collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the college for use in decision making.
- Works closely with appropriate college offices in research and statistical analysis that may be needed for various projects in areas such as human resources, curricula, instruction, payroll, facilities, enrollment, or finance.
- Serves as liaison and provides necessary support for the college’s organizational effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities.
- Serves as liaison from the college to various authorities at the federal, state, and local levels for data reporting, research studies, or surveys.
- Prepares state, federal, and college accountability reports according to documented requirements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains and distributes data, studies, or research to support the planning efforts of the college.
- Develops and implements processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, and employers.
- Maintains the administrative/student information database(s); updates and maintains system files, establishes and maintains security and access information, ensures that backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at a separate location, maintains system documentation.
- Monitors the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Works with areas of the college responsible for data input to improve processes for collecting and inputting accurate data into the data system.
- Assists in the preparation, follow-up, and reports for the college’s accreditation agency and in the college’s efforts to secure, manage, and report on grants.
- Provides support and training in continuous quality improvement methods and the use/analysis of data related to effective practice of continuous quality improvement.
- Administers and oversees the institutional research office budget.
- Provides support for the development of college planning systems and provides for information to assess institutional effectiveness.
- Regularly, at the discretion of the president, attends college administrative team meetings and provides leadership to the college.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated experience with data analysis and research methods (preferably in higher education) and at least three to five years of experience in higher education at the campus or system office level conducting analysis related to student retention, completion, and workforce demand analysis. Needs a working knowledge of data management systems, preferably Ellucian Colleague and/or Banner along with experience working with campuses and college faculty to implement initiatives related to student retention, completion, and high impact practices. The successful candidate should have demonstrated experiences working with campuses, state agencies, school districts, and other organizations to leverage partnerships for the benefit of students. Should have experience using statistical software; experience using SPSS or comparable software as well as a working knowledge of relational database design and management and expertise in a major database package i.e. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server.
To Apply: For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Please submit all materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2022 for earliest consideration. Position will remain open until filled. Salary is DOE. Finalists for the position will be asked to provide a written response to Carroll College’s mission statement, https://www.carroll.edu/mission-catholic-identity/mission-statement.
Carroll College offers a comprehensive benefit package to include unique benefits such as tickets to home athletic events, rental of outdoor equipment, access to the campus workout facility, potential tuition remission and exchange opportunities, and more. Carroll also offers a very generous holiday and paid leave benefit. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Carroll College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Carroll College, please visit our web site at www.carroll.edu.