Job Vacancy Announcement
Executive Director of Strategy & Project Management
Data Science, Innovation & Effectiveness
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
$99,665 -$142,448 Annually
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities related to strategic planning and
project management. Focusing on strategic clarity and
organizational change through the design and stewardship of
executive level initiatives, the facilitation and execution of
college-wide strategic initiatives, and the development of a
culture of collaborative goal setting, planning and problem-solving
at the college.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in management
consulting, strategy, business development, project and program
management, financial planning & analysis, or public
- A minimum of three (3) years supervisor experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Three or more years of experience working in or developing a
Project Management Office. Project Management Institute
Certification ( PMP, PgMP, or PfMP) preferred.
- Record of building strong relationships with collaborators
across an organization and external partners, leveraging strengths
and resources in strategic ways.
- A broad understanding of contemporary higher education issues,
particularly those that relate to public colleges and
- Business-savvy and strategic thinker; able to deftly manage
cross-organizational projects that require a high level of
sensitivity and excellent judgment.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and present
- Ability to work effectively across a spectrum of stakeholders,
including faculty, students, administrators, constituency
groups/leaders, alumni, and community members, and possess
impeccable listening and facilitation skills.
- Comfort in settings where it is necessary to quickly learn and
synthesize new information, cultures, and specialized
- Strategic problem solving and quantitative analysis skills,
including experience in structuring high level strategic issues
into concrete analyses with actionable conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience making decisions based on quantitative
analysis and sound evidence and logic.
- Ability to communicate clearly and compellingly about analyses,
insights, and recommendations, and demonstrated ability to target
presentation style, written or oral, to different audiences.
- The ability to operationalize, track and measure the success of
key strategic initiatives.
- Experience moving major strategy projects forward with minimal
oversight, and ability to adapt to new information, situations, or
challenges with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated experience using project management processes and
tools and establishing project management methodologies at other
organizations with varying degrees of project management
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
The following criteria, which are not the sole
criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review
the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process. A
Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application.
Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below
for this position.
- Develops and manages collaborative relationships across the
organization to support strategic planning, and project management
- Identifies and prioritizes strategic challenges and
opportunities for the college and developing and executing plans
for addressing these issues and priorities.
- Identifies and tracks key metrics and assessment measures for
- Convenes discussions, gathering relevant data, and seeking
input to inform strategic initiatives and direction.
- Collaboratively develops a framework and process for strategic
- Oversees periodic review and refresh of strategic priorities
and their translation into actional and quantitative plans.
- Establishes project management methodologies for the College,
including approaches for project team organization, risk
identification and escalation, and project decision-making and
- Engages with diverse stakeholders, including executives, deans,
directors, constituency leaders and others to conceptualize,
design, implement, and sustain both incremental and
transformational change initiatives.
- Serves as lead project manager on one or more critical
initiatives at any given time, guiding the project team, driving
appropriate analyses, meeting project goals, managing timelines and
working with the senior leadership to successfully implement new
processes, technology or strategy while encouraging successful
change management practices.
- Presents strategic findings and recommendations to executive
leadership through clear and compelling written materials and oral
- Guides discussions and contributes insight derived from
analysis of the challenges facing the College and how others are
addressing the challenges within the higher education
- Provides analysis and insight on the College’s strategic plans,
anticipating opportunities and threats, and prioritizing strategic
initiatives and investments.
- Obtains and evaluates information about industry and market
trends, threats and opportunities and develop recommendations for
addressing complex strategic problems that cut across teams and
- Supervises and provides oversight for project managers within
- Develops change strategy for the college, including identifying
areas of opportunity and paths to achieving optimal solutions to
the College’s most pressing challenges.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned departmental staff.
- Manages the College’s Strategic Project Portfolio and strategic
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively
communicate and interact with other employees and the public
through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally
defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel
objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and
operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not
limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax
machine. No significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping,
and repetitive motions.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be able to work Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A background investigation will be conducted prior to the offer
of employment. A signed authorization for the release of personal
information will be required if selected for an interview.
Is the incumbent responsible for working with minor children or
directly engaging with minor children on campus?
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Effective August 8, 2022, Prince George’s Community College’s
current vaccine mandate will expire for students, faculty, and
staff. Select exceptions may apply. Face coverings will be
voluntary campus-wide, including in classrooms and instructional
spaces. Although the College will no longer require new employees
and students to be vaccinated as a condition of employment or
instruction based on current public health conditions, COVID -19
vaccines and boosters are strongly recommended.
; you will receive an email
acknowledging receipt of your application, upon which time no
further communication occurs unless selected for an interview or
the position is filled. If recommended for hire, communication is
immediately sent to your references listed on your application.
Also, you will receive an email notification from HireRight
requesting you to submit authorization to complete a background
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree?
- * Min Qual: Do you have three years supervisory experience?
- * Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in
management consulting, strategy, business development, project and
program management, financial planning & analysis, or public
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please be advised that as required by the 1986 Immigration
Act, candidates must be prepared to present acceptable
documentation showing identity and that you are a U.S. Citizen or
an alien who is authorized to work. It is the college's policy that
PGCC does not provide sponsorship for prospective employees. Are
you seeking sponsorship?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2