Other, Enrollment - Admissions & Financial
The Admissions Counselor is a member of the staff of the Office of
Admissions and contributes to the overall recruitment efforts of
Bucknell University. Responsibilities include representing Bucknell
to a wide and diverse audience on and off campus, traveling several
weeks each year, corresponding with prospective students and their
families, and participating in the review and selection of Bucknell
applicants. The Admissions Counselor reports to an Associate Dean
of Admissions, and works in collaboration with the Dean of
Admissions and other Admissions team members.
All Admissions team members are expected to contribute to
Bucknell's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Recruitment & Territory
The Admissions Counselor will contribute to the overall recruitment
efforts of the Office of Admissions at Bucknell University.
- Manage territory, including all recruiting and yield activities,
within designated geographic areas. This entails admissions travel
to participate in college fairs and high school visits,
correspondence with a wide spectrum of constituencies including but
not limited to students, parents, guidance counselors, and
- Build, maintain, and strengthen a support network consisting of
alumni, parents, and friends of the University within designated
- Manage special interest group(s) to enhance the scope of
recruitment to enroll and shape a diverse first-year class.
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, staff, and current students
to recruit and yield prospective students.
- Review and evaluate applications from a highly competitive
- Assist in the daily operation of the office and serve as a
Counselor of the Day, conducting group presentations and meeting
individuals and families as needed.
- Contribute to the dialogue with secondary school officials on
behalf of the University.
- Correspond with prospective students and their families. Involve
alumni in the recruiting process.
- Conduct on-going prospect management with potential Bucknell
Other Professional Responsibilities -
- Remain knowledgeable, current, and responsive to changes in
office protocol and procedure.
- Attend Admissions staff meetings and retreats as requested.
- Participate in professional development opportunities,
conferences, and other activities, as requested and approved.
- Serve on other University committees, task forces, and advisory
boards, as requested.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor or Dean of
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of and appreciation for highly selective liberal arts
- Valid US driver's license
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, work with
sensitive issues, and exercise good judgment under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an
organized and efficient manner in an environment that requires one
to be able to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to take initiative and be creative
Some evening and weekend work will be required, so the Admissions
Counselor must be committed to working flexible hours to meet
- One (1) year of relevant
- Experience with managing staff, student interns, student workers,
The ability to lift boxes weighing
up to 30 lbs. is required.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all
candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of
submission of the application.
This is a Staff exempt position with a hiring range of
$35,700-44,500. The offer rate will be based on a review of the
candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the
position, internal equity, and our overall compensation
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497195/admissions-counselor