The Sharjah Education Academy (SEA) seeks an innovative full-time faculty member in education, who is able to contribute to the development of the Academy and its graduate programs in education. The successful candidate will engage in teaching, research, and program development, and will collaborate with educational and community stakeholders e.g. schools; governmental entities, to serve the dynamic educational sector in the UAE.
The Academy seeks candidates with expertise in teacher education, with proven track record in effective teaching and research. Participants must be prepared to mentor, advise, supervise, and coach postgraduate student teachers for their future careers in education. The Academy also seeks candidates that are fluent and have taught in both English and Arabic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume an active role in the Academy’s development engage in community service, course materials development Teach graduate-level courses across numerous areas in K-12 education, model best pedagogical practices, and provide highly engaging, active learning environment. Teach and contribute to the design of face-to-face, and online in synchronous and asynchronous modality. Work with program chairs to curriculum development of new and existing academic programs including designing assessments for student learning outcomes
- An earned doctorate (PhD/EdD) in education from an internationally accredited university; Educational Psychology or Early Childhood specializations preferred Experience in teacher education and PreK-12 educational system including supervising student teachers. Experience in teaching and delivering courses via a LMS platform Proactive in conducting and publishing research, and engaging in collaborative research initiatives and conferences Preferred experience working in the Middle East Preferred fluency in both Arabic and English
About Sharjah Education Academy
Sharjah Education Academy(SEA) is a newly founded academic institution located in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates who seeks to drive improvement in education through three core streams
(1) graduate degree bearing programs in education;
(2) professional development for teachers and leaders within education;
(3) and research to support the development of individuals and education systems. Since its launch in 2020, SEA has had over 100,000 participants join the professional development experiences. Currently, SEA is building its infrastructure to launch its research stream along with a supporting think tank, as well as preparing for future development of Master’s and PhD programs in education.