Professional Expert - Hazardous Waste and Environmental
Kern Community College District
$30.00 - $60.00 Hourly
This is a professional expert, short term temporary hourly
The Kern Community College District's California Compliance School
is looking for instructor/trainers with an environmental background
and experience in hazardous waste management or enforcement in a
legal setting. The ideal instructor will have working knowledge of
laws, regulations, permitting and policies related to hazardous
waste management. Knowledge of industrial processes and waste
generation is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in the specific
subject matter being taught (e.g. RCRA, Tiered Permitting, DOT, Air
Quality Control, CAA etc.). Skills in training, teaching and verbal
presentation are necessary.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Five years of related industry experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher is preferred.
- Hazardous Waste and environmental compliance experience.
- A minimum of five years of Hazardous Waste and environmental
compliance enforcement experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students.
- California Health and Safety Code Chapter 6.5 Hazardous Waste
- Title 40 CFR RCRA
- Tiered Permitting
- Title 49 CFR DOT
- Title 22, Div. 4.5, California Code of Regulations
- Air Quality Control
INSTRUCTIONS:First Review of
Applications: Complete application packets will be
accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the
right to extend time limits or re-initiate the
recruitment/selection process at any point.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Travel as required
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of
individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational
- Learn College and District organization and applicable
operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic
mail, and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Completed application packet must
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any
personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This
includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or
universities outside of the United States must have their
coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member
of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services
(NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI).
A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in
the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the
necessary arrangements. EEO Plan
2018-2021 (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader)
District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the
principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages
a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis
of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic
information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical
or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to
have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on
association with a person or group with one or more of these actual
or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures
or practices._ Discrimination
Free Work Environment
District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in
the United States. Work authorization should be established at the
time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3481681/professional-expert-hazardous-waste-and-environmental-compliance-instructor
Emails will not be accepted.