Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Takoma Park, is currently accepting
applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member
teaching as the Maryland Integrated Basic Education and Skill
Training (MIBEST) Nursing Assistant Instructor. We are seeking an
enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of
professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- This position is responsible for teaching vocational courses
that prepare English as Second Language students to pass the
Certified Nursing Assistant course and the Maryland Geriatric
Nursing Assistant Examination in the mornings and/or
- The class uses the MIBEST (Maryland Integrated Basic Education
and Skills Training) model of instruction, which means the course
is co-taught with an ESOL/Basic Skills instructor to facilitate the
success of students who need support with language and academic
- Duties include lesson planning and syllabus development while
coordinating with the ESOL/Basic Instructor, developing and
selecting instructional materials in collaboration with Program
Director, maintaining learner records and tracking instructional
hours for each student, communicating with the Maryland Board of
Nursing in order to facilitate student applications, communicating
with vendor regarding fingerprinting of students, communicating
with local long-term care facilities in order to conduct clinical
- AA degree in Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Maryland.
- Two year’s nursing experience, 1 year caring for the elderly or
chronically ill in the past 5 years.
- Two year’s experience training Certified Nursing
- Two year’s experience working with students with limited
English language skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional CNA theory,
practice and ethics; knowledge of and ability to apply current ESL
instructional methodologies; knowledge of current trends in the CNA
field including examination requirements and modifications;
knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and
protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and
socio-economic difference: knowledge of and ability to apply
clinical therapeutic models of client/patient care; interpersonal
skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to act as a
role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Bachelors in Nursing.
- Experience co-teaching.
- Experience teaching using Zoom.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by November 29, 2022
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Tuesday, November 29, 2022