Grants & Special Projects - Professional
Director, Workforce Development
- Provides basic skills as well as work readiness instruction,
study skills, and tutoring to at risk youth.
- Performs case management tasks, which include post-CASAS
testing; scheduling GED Ready and GED Exams; updating goals,
progress notes and the student database; maintaining timesheets;
and managing student caseload.
- Handles the onboarding process for new students, including
acceptance letters, orientation paperwork, and distribution of
books and Chromebooks.
- Provides career counseling to youth.
- Prepares necessary materials for instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Teaching experience in basic skills
• Attention to detail
• Driver's license and personal vehicle
• Experience in career counseling and work readiness
Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (1/2-hour
Location: Edison and Perth Amboy Campuses
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will
have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
This is a specially funded position, dependent for its existence
upon federal, State, or other non-College operating funds, and is
not funded pursuant to the regular College budget. Continued
employment is always contingent upon satisfactory performance and
College needs. Grant funded positions are also contingent upon
continued funding. This appointment is for the specified period
only. Employment beyond the expiration date of the grant is subject
to appropriate provisions of existing collectively bargained
agreements in effect at the time for employees covered by those