Dean, Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Nutley, NJ * Full Time
At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. Our vision at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine states that each person in New Jersey, and in the United States, regardless of race or socioeconomic status, will enjoy the highest levels of wellness in an economically and behaviorally sustainable fashion. Each day we make it our mission to develop our students, residents, and healthcare environment to uphold our vision for the next generation of physicians.
Central to our approach and curriculum is a thread called The Human Dimension. We encourage interested candidates to explore our unique program as described here and we hope you can envision your future career with us.
The Dean, Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine reports directly to the School's Board of Governors. This position is the CEO of the School of Medicine with responsibility for all educational, clinical, and research activities. Specifically, the Dean will have authority over our annual review cycle of our strategic plan.
A day in the life of the Dean at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Communicate an energizing vision for the School of Medicine’s future, which reflects our values and potential
- Collaborate with academic and Hackensack Meridian Health network partners in providing excellence in the education in the next generation of healthcare providers and scientists
- Develop curriculum and class size for the School of Medicine
- Oversee research agenda including fostering of interdisciplinary programs
- Serve as the principal fundraiser for the School of Medicine and participates in fundraising events with the leaders of the Hackensack Meridian Health network
- Guide faculty professional development by developing a strong mentorship program
- Work within the community to reach goals according to our strategic plan
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- M.D or M.D./Ph.D with a sustained record of scholarly activity
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in the State of New Jersey
- Understands the nuances of administration of educational and research activities
- Demonstrates a career progression that provides preparation for a position of this scale
At Hackensack Meridian Health we've developed a suite of team member advantages that we call our "Total Rewards" Program, which includes market competitive salaries, variety of benefits and plans, a collaborative work environment, work/life balance and a wide range of free courses and workshops for professional development. Join our award-winning team today! For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
Hackensack Meridian Health
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V