The University of Colorado Boulder Department of Athletics and the
Office of Advancement encourages applications for an Associate
Director of Annual Fund Operations! This position plays an integral
part in the planning, logistics, implementation, and daily
operations of multiple, complex University of Colorado Advancement
programs. These programs exist to sustain and grow Athletics
revenue opportunities. In addition to developing and managing
complex program budgets, this position also serves as an
organizational representative on various task forces and committees
such as the external communications group, unit leader meetings,
and others as assigned.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working
advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall
external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic
and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the
brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and
strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we
build a foundation of excellence for the future of CU Boulder and
the state of Colorado.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Annual Fund Operations Planning & Strategy
Giving/Premium Seating Support
- Maintain ongoing strategies as it relates to donor
communication, solicitation, engagement, and prospecting. Shifting
priorities will need to be balanced as various campaigns are
carried out throughout the annual fund calendar year.
- Create, design, and rollout the Buff Club annual membership
- Manage annual fund donor benefits and activations.
- Own donor solicitations & communications via mail and
- Lead annual fund engagement activities such as gameday
Other Support Duties as Assigned
- Provide support to the Asst Athletic Director for Annual
Giving/Premium Seating by tracking inventory, running reports,
creating invoices, and crafting communications and other collateral
- Oversee gift processing functions. Ensures data integrity and
processes are being upheld and provides weekly CASE and Buff Matrix
report. Operates with extreme attention to detail.
- Assist with the management of donor parking. This includes
inventory, upgrade/new sales process, pricing, and gameday
operations. Responsible for tracking open inventory and managing
the execution of our parking policy.
What You Should Know
- Under the direction of the Asst AD for Annual Giving/Premium
Seating, liaise with the athletic ticket office, digital engagement
team, creative services, athletic director’s office, CU Boulder
Advancement, and the CU Foundation.
- Manage back-end functions of multiple databases and provides
training and support for these databases.
- Create, maintain, and manage reports that support the
information gathering and revenue reporting needs of the annual
fund. Provides analytical tracking for solicitations and high-level
data analysis for the annual fund.
- Sport liaison – the successful candidate may work as a
fundraising liaison for a varsity sport. This requires consistent
work with the assigned sport(s) head coach on determining annual
fundraising priorities and strategy.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must
provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious
exemption within 30 days of employment.
This position is currently working 100% from campus.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $75,000 - $80,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
Athletic Event Tickets: Per Athletic Department Policy and NCAA
regulations, Nike Elite Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be engaged. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in project management will substitute.
- 2+ years of experience managing high-level projects and
operations for an athletic organization.
- Ability to establish and enhance interpersonal relationships,
including the ability to coordinate and/or manage volunteers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong ability to manage tasks and set priorities in a dynamic
and collaborative team environment.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of diplomacy and
discretion at all levels.
- Operates with extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database
- Ability to effectively manage third-party relationships.
- Personal computer proficiency required.
- Great teammate who thrives in a forward-thinking
- Software Used: Analytics and/or CRM systems (google analytics,
salesforce, Advance, Paciolan, PacFund or similar, etc.); Microsoft
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 17, 2022
, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: