The Webb School of Engineering at High Point University invites applications for non-tenure track faculty positions at all ranks in the Department of Computer Science. We seek dynamic and visionary individuals to enrich our current program and incorporate emerging areas of computer science, including all aspects of data science. Faculty are expected to help develop an innovative and cutting-edge curriculum and assist the department as it seeks ABET accreditation.
The successful candidate should have a demonstrated proficiency in and love of teaching, a propensity for scholarly achievement, an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in working with highly motivated undergraduate students. While outstanding applicants in all pertinent areas of research will be considered, preference will be given to candidates at the Assistant Professor level with expertise in data science.
Applications will be reviewed immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Start date for the position is August 2023. High Point University is committed to diversity in hiring and is an equal opportunity employer.
- An earned doctorate in computer science, data science, or closely related field is preferred. The field of specialization is open with a preference for research or teaching in one or more areas of data science.
Experience and Training:
- Previous teaching experience at the college level is preferred. Experience with ABET accreditation is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, service, and research as well as prior experience designing and leading new curricular and programmatic initiatives at the university level are expected for applicants seeking appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. Applicants for the rank of Assistant Professor are expected to demonstrate the potential for excellence in teaching, service, and research. We especially seek candidates who are interested in working with undergraduate students on real-world projects and purposeful research in a liberal arts setting. Participation in the ABET accreditation process is expected.
- High Point University’s typical teaching load is 12 credits per semester (3 courses each semester), plus engagement in scholarly activity and service to the department and the profession. Faculty interested in interdisciplinary activities are especially sought after. In addition to undergraduate teaching, the candidate is expected to advise undergraduate students, supervise senior capstone projects, engage in student support and development, participate in student recruiting and retention endeavors, develop and teach electives courses, engage in scholarly activity within the context of a teaching-oriented university, and serve the University and the School. This is an ideal position for educators who are passionate about teaching and who want to work at a student-centered institution where we strive for a balance of professional education within a liberal arts environment.
High Point University is a God, family, and country school. At High Point University, the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people.
All applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of interest addressing the required qualifications and responsibilities A current CV with complete professional and academic history An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded Statement of teaching philosophy Statement of research interests Names and contact information for three professional recommendations
All application materials must be uploaded as one file/attachment with resume/CV.
Refer questions to: Dr. Will Suchan, Department Chair, at email@example.com.