Definition of Class
This position cleans and maintains University buildings.The
incumbent cleans and services assigned areas in University
buildings/rooms, maintains and stocks supplies, and assists in
transferring items between University buildings.
Examples of Work Performed
- Cleans and services assigned areas in University
- Maintains sufficient stock and supplies to perform daily
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums in assigned areas, as needed.
- Cleans rest rooms, offices and replenishes supplies.
- Picks up trash, empties garbage containers and removes trash
- Sanitizes trash containers as necessary to meet Health
- Cleans and polishes brass, silver, glass, and drinking
- Operates polishing machine, carpet machine and vacuum
- Cleans rooms, monitors for wear and tear and reports any damage
or repairs, as needed.
- Prepares table linens for various University events.
- Assists in transferring items to various University
- Performs related or similar duties as required or
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the
following. Additional essential functions may be identified and
included by the hiring department.
- Cleans, services, and stocks supplies.
- Transfers supplies needed for cleaning and stocking to various
Ability to read, write, and understand basic instructions.
A valid driver’s license may be required depending on the
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources
website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly
rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience,
and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty,
executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any
employment practice, education program, or education activity to
all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable
laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe
campus community. UM conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include a criminal history record check, and when
appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history