Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Provides case management services to individuals and families
providing care coordination of needed services.
- Conduct comprehensive, strength-based and behavior focused
assessments. Utilize research-based cognitive/behavioral strategies
to facilitate behavior change.
- Create and conduct trainings and support groups to families,
staff, school personnel, therapists and professional
- Reviews and interprets evaluation and assessment results
provided and maintains appropriate records consistent with program
- Provides appropriate developmental outcomes and strategies for
families and/or professionals working with assigned family.
Provides coaching as needed in order for the special needs child to
- Consults with other team members and community providers to
ensure continuity of care.
- Attends yearly conferences, satellite clinics, community
events, staff meetings and home and school observations as
$69,000 to $72,000 annually depending on education and
Master's or Doctoral degree in social work, psychology, mental
health counseling, or related field. All State of Florida
requirements met for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), with two years post-degree
- Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the general
Education and Exceptional Student Education Services and
- Knowledge of individuals with Disabilities Education
Improvement Act (IDEIA)
- Knowledge of test administration and interpretation.
- Knowledge of behavioral assessment procedures.
- Knowledge of general child development.
- Experience working with children who exhibit learning, behavior
and emotional difficulties.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based
on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length
of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link
to watch the
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: