Job Summary/Basic Function
The Administrative Assistant for the Honors College provides
administrative and clerical support for the Honors College program
and the Director of the Honors College. This position will work
independently to solve problems and handle multiple programs within
the department, within specific parameters. This position develops
and executes procedures to support and promote recruitment,
admission, student academic progress, student participation, and
student program completion. This position is also responsible for
operational duties, fiscal management, budgets, purchasing, student
personnel, data collection and analysis, and other office
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,250 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. We have
over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21 master’s and 3 doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary Range:
$41,917.00 plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000.00) at no cost to the employee
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 11 days accrued per year for
first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – Up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of advanced clerical or
para-professional experience or equivalent combination of
experience and training.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A high degree of integrity and adherence to
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage complex schedules using calendar
- Experience in taking clear and concise meeting minute
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments; a sense of
urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to pursue and adopt new
ideas, information and technology, and process and summarize
- Evidence of independent judgement, personal responsibility, and
- Demonstrated ability to:
- solve problems.
- communicate effectively with people from varied social,
educational, and economic backgrounds and demonstrate sensitivity
to diversity and multicultural issues.
- maintain a professional demeanor in fast-paced work
- learn academic and office policies.
- change priorities with little/no notice
- use office machines such as telephone, computer, scanner,
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel).
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience using:
- Banner or similar student information system.
- Cascade or a similar web content software.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to
the terms and conditions of the AFSCME Collective Bargaining
- Ability to work remotely if required due to emergency