NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an
unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values.
We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our
efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of
This position is located in Flagstaff, or as a hybrid/remote
position for Arizona residents. Hybrid/remote employees will
occasionally be required to travel for departmental meetings.
This position will assist in overseeing the daily operations for
programs supported by the Online and Innovative Educational
Initiatives department. This includes ongoing project management
and adherence to established processes and procedures.
Project Planning and Implementation - 50%
- Manages implementation and completion of project tasks, goals,
and risks, monitors project timelines, addresses needed
adjustments, and maintains project documents.
- Supports the development and maintenance of project plans,
including a comprehensive understanding various partnership and
contractual agreements. This includes developing an analytical
frame to identify opportunities for future planning and
- Proactively ensures progress of the project by meeting with
functional area managers to check for understanding and clarifies
project scope as needed
- Facilitates effective communications by using a variety of
methods. This includes project status, challenges, or changes to a
projects original scope.
- Produces a final report and evaluation of projects to
- Contributes to the ongoing improvement of Project Management
methodology and process flows.
Provides problem-solving and serves as the point of contact for
questions regarding program goals and status.
- Supports department in strategic planning and improvement.
- Provides recommendations for policies and procedures or other
Data Collaboration - 25%
- Provides on-going research, background information, reports and
analytical support for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Manages day to day program data and builds regular reports for
stakeholders or other identified reporting organizations.
- Communicate any identified data issues promptly with identified
- Explore opportunities to support program data enhancement to
- Reporting to external organizations (i.e Clearinghouse) for
- Provides weekly reports for various program functions to
- Provides ad hoc reports to inform various decisions or
- Support other program functions (i.e grading, student
- Update and maintain procedure and other working documents as
Internal/External Partnership Support - 15%
- Builds and maintains internal and external relationships and
works closely and collaboratively to fulfill project scope,
milestones, strategy, budget, implementation, and outcomes.
- Provides support to share information on policies and
- Assists in communicating program needs or identified projects
with internal stakeholders.
- Supports new and existing processes and policies with internal
stakeholders across a variety of functional areas.
Administrative and Technical Support - 5%
- Supports Online and Innovative Education Initiatives in
department communication, website updates, and other coordination
across various projects.
- Supports tasks that pertain to program events.
- Submits and reviews tickets on behalf of the department and
various project needs.
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position will be in an office setting, Monday through Friday.
There may be some occasional travel.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline.
- 2-4 years of higher education experience, program management,
and/or reporting and data support experience.
- 1-2 years of project management experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Master's degree in relevant field.
- Experience working in higher education and non-standard
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Familiarity with the organizational environment of higher
- Knowledge of quality data collection to ensure adequacy,
accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Stages or projects and implementation requirements.
- Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Project Management.
- Exercises good judgment and professionalism in a fast-paced
- Must be a strategic thinker and detail-oriented, with a
collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be committed to excellent service quality standards with
experience on improving operational excellence, conditions, and
- Self-motivated and have creative problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, managing
conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to create
efficient systems particularly utilizing data analysis.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders, with strong
diplomacy and collaboration.
- Demonstrated practice with solving unstructured problems with
rigor, independence, high energy, and a positive attitude.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive
position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona
University requires satisfactory results for the following: a
criminal background investigation, employment history
investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and
fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL,
you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier
Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere
to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in
the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $62,996 - $78,745. Annual salary
commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an
excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and
vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement
System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and
10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and
qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is
available on the Human
Resources benefits website
. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free
campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis,
renewable each 6 months according to
terms of the Conditions of Professional Service
offered a position will be eligible for state health plans
(including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible
on the first day of the pay period following their
enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31
days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee
chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona
State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that
accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following
6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who
choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which
is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed
staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment.
Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the
ORP will begin on the first day of employment.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
October 27, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606654&PostingSeq=1