Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Administrative Coordinator, Development
Provide support to the fundraising priorities of the Assistant Vice
President for Development as well as the Director of Principal
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice President,
including, but not limited to, producing correspondence and memos,
solicit information and prepare agendas for a variety of meetings,
create and monitor reports and dashboards to track results/metrics
towards goals, and create and modify presentations and materials
for meetings as needed. Process invoices, and reconcile expenses to
ensure timely payment. maintain filing systems, including
confidential files. Prepare and provide the Assistant Vice
President and the Director with strategic information for decisions
to be executed.
- Coordinate the administrative activities associated with gift
solicitation, documentation, processing, and stewardship including
the development of customized gift proposals via InDesign, drafting
gift agreements, management of opportunities in Affinaquest,
executing transmittals once gifts are received, and preparing thank
you notes and stewardship pieces for prospects assigned to the
Assistant Vice President and the Director. Coordinate work with the
- Interface with external constituencies, including Trustees,
campaign volunteers, and donors of all levels with special emphasis
on principal gift prospects with a capacity of $500,000 and above.
Facilitate the arrangement of one-on-one meetings and/or
entertainment with prospects. Build detailed travel itineraries for
the AVP and Director to include securing appointments, coordinating
schedules, and travel logistics.
- Serve as the development lead for donor cultivation events in
partnership with College Events. Collaborate with the AVP, the
Director, and additional development directors as needed. Create
invitations, populate invitation lists, track attendees, and
additional tasks as they arise.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Three to five years’ of administrative support and/or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Collaborative team player who interacts successfully and
professionally with colleagues and external constituents.
- Excellent time and project management skills, ability to
consistently meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously and independently and
execute decisions with discretion.
- Manage confidentiality of extremely sensitive business and
- Strong ability to independently problem-solve, think
strategically, and be proactive.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills in order to
coordinate a large number of administrative tasks with minimal
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal
- Strong computer skills including literacy in Microsoft Office
Suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign,
- Experience with CRM software including Affinaquest/Salesforce a
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except
where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran
status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from
time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist
on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with
the program. The College will request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation