The Medical Assistant II (Lead Medical Assistant) is responsible
for supervision of Medical Assistants at the site, facilitating
patient access and provides the necessary supports through primary
care to uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients
receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a
high degree of satisfaction.
Staff are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring
that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and
meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must
support FPCN and Drexel University’s Stephen and Sandra Sheller
Street Family Health Center's commitment to the
creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually
recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all
those who have contact with the organization, including children,
adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Supervises Medical Assistants
- Collaborate define job responsibilities and oversees work
assignments and scheduling for Medical Assistants (MAs)
- Recruits, orients, develops and evaluates Medical
- Handles performance issues and participates in feedback with
staff members, including performance evaluations, discipline and
- Proactively manage patient flow in primary care to ensure
patients are scheduled according to the scheduling protocol in
collaboration with the Practice Manager and Lead PSR as
- Partner with NP/MA team to expedite primary care delivery
- Review daily schedule to optimize appointment scheduling,
patient flow, Responsible Provider consistency, and correct any
- Assist with clinic scheduling problem solving, patient wait
times, and other areas of concern to increase efficient and quality
- Screen patients for acuity by phone and in person; collaborate
with Clinical Nurse to triage patients with complex needs.
- Work with MAs to ensure completion of requests for referrals
and refills in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Clinical RN regarding medication refill
- Assign Nurse Practitioner and MA daily pairings
- Ensure i2i huddle reports are printed out and made available to
PC staff every morning for the daily morning huddle.
- Serve as VFC Back Up Coordinator, demonstrated knowledge of VFC
- Report PAC scheduling errors/issues to Call Center Manager
- Work with Primary Care leadership to ensure compliance with
Quality Assurance program
- Ensure laboratory protocols and quality controls are being
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control and OSHA
requirements, collaborate with Compliance to ensure staff are
trained and correct procedures are followed in case of bloodborne
- Assist in resolving registration/tablet questions/issues
- Assist with patient complaints, rapid response and incident
- Oversee document management in the back office
- Coordinate the inventory, ordering and supply stock maintenance
of medical supplies.
- Provide sick/vacation leave backup for medical assistants, and
other clinic support staff when no other resources available.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current Medical Assistant Certification in Commonwealth of PA
through a board such as the NHA, ACMA, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Medical
- 1-2 years management experience preferred
- Experience working within a community-based health center
- Experience working with an Electronic Medical Record
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Highly responsible and reliable as well as courteous
- Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to function as a team member
- Computer Competency with Word Processing
- Attendance and punctuality is necessary.
- Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to problem solve, and be self-motivated.
- Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Must have excellent written and oral skills, strong
organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must have ability to multitask, manage priorities and
- Required to have versatility, flexibility and a willingness to
work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and have
acute attention to detail.
- Able to operate computer software with training.
- Expected to have strong interpersonal skills and have the
ability to understand and follow written/verbal instructions.
- Able to work independently, be self-directed with tasks.
- Required to have the ability to deal effectively with
stakeholders at all organizational levels and with external
- Support FPCN's commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed
system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the
impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the
organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and
staff. Uphold the commitments that include: non-violence, emotional
intelligence, social learning, open communication, social
responsibility, democracy, and growth and change.
- Demonstrate cultural competence/proficiency in interactions
with others by treating co-workers, colleagues and those receiving
service with respect and fairness at all times.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional
relationships based on respect, trust, and safety.
- Ability to create a space for staff and those we serve to feel
physically and emotionally safe.
- Ability to support individuals on their paths to recovery and
healing and resist re-traumatization of staff and patients.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem-solving, communication,
interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing/walking
- Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
Other - Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s
Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Sep 26 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Dec 31 2022 Eastern Standard Time