Job Posting Information
Job Posting Number
Software Engineer (Systems Engineering Security 1)
Regular or Contingent II
Contingent II (more than 6 mos)
Desired Start Date
$82,121 - $82,121
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will work with a team of engineers on Systems
Engineering Security Documents Review and Security Engineering
Support for Ground Segment Project. Core duties include:
- Support the Ground Security Manager and Ground Project
Contracting Officer’s Representative ( COR ) on the development of
the Ground System Security Requirements ( GSSR ).
- Participate in status review meetings, telecons, and
development meetings on a GSSR with the Ground Project SEIT
representative, COR and the JPSS Program System Engineer.
- Support the modification of the DOORS elements of the GSSR and
related configuration management/change tracking activities.
- Review and update the front matter of the System Engineering
Security documents such as the GSSR .
- Identify latest versions of the Applicable documents. Determine
if additional applicable or reference documents are needed.
- Document changes needed to update the GSSR to comply with the
most recent versions of NIST SP800-53, the applicable documents,
and the current and proposed tailoring for NOAA 5042.
- Review and update all requirement table fields.
- Prepare and submit update CCR .
- Prepare a summary of the changes to the document and impacts to
current Common Ground System.
- With customer, related documents impacted by the change to the
Program document, and prepare CCR’s.
- Disposition of CCR comments.
- Other duties as required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
other engineering or technical discipline required.
A minimum of (1) one year experience with Spacecraft Operations and
Ground systems engineering required. Knowledge of system
engineering and integration tools. Ability to interact with
distributed team members and different corporate culture.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to pass Government background investigation.
- MS Office skills
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are encouraged but not
required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State
University. This protocol is subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes vacation
days, holidays, and sick days; comprehensive health insurance and
For best consideration please apply by October 26, 2022.
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Electrical Engineering or other engineering or technical
- * Do you have a minimum of (1) one year experience with
Spacecraft Operations and Ground systems engineering?
- Do you have knowledge of system engineering and integration
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application