This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the
provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes
the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Lecturer-Pool Faculty of Educational Leadership (up to 2
positions to be filled) – Spring 2023
Commensurate with education and experience.
Part-Time Non-Tenure Track
College of Education
Dept of Educational Leadership
Refer Applicants To
Dr. Forrest Lane
Sam Houston State University
Department of Educational Leadership
Huntsville, TX 77341
Duties Performed in the Usual Course of the Job
Lecturer-Pool faculty are term positions hired to teach one to two
courses per semester. Specifically, this position will teach
educational research ( EDER ) courses. These courses are doctoral
level, cover topics on statistics and research methods in an
educational context, and serve students across the college’s
doctoral programs. Courses may be offered on-campus at The
Woodlands Center or online classes, depending on the needs of
program. Lecturer-Pool faculty hiring is based upon student demand,
on a semester-by-semester basis.
Educational Requirements for the Position
Requires a minimum of a Doctoral degree in Educational Psychology,
Educational Research, or closely related field.
Experience Required for the Position
Teaching experience preferred.
Other Requirements for the Position
Special Instructions Summary
This position is for the Spring 2023 semester.
Open Until Filled
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free
Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status,
citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender
identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at
will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional
terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require
background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School/GED
- At least 30 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained
an Associates degree
- Associates degree
- At least 90 undergraduate credit hours, but have not obtained a
- Bachelors degree
- At least 18 graduate credit hours, but have not obtained a
- Masters degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in Higher Education?
- Less than 1 year
- More than 1 year but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years but less than 5 years
- More than 5 years but less than 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Describe your experience in higher education.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you available to teach during the evening?
- * Are you available to teach during the day?
- * Do you have experience teaching online?
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- SHSU Recruiter
- If your response to the question above was 'Other' please
indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research & Goals