Assistant Director of Admissions, Coordinator of Transfer, Dual Enrollment, and Re-admit
Posting: July 2022
Deadline for application: Open Until Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Division: Enrollment, Equity & Inclusion
Union Affiliation: Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Admissions
Supervision Exercised: Supervises subordinate professional, classified and student personnel in area of responsibility as assigned
General Statement of Duties:
- Represents MMA at various recruitment events such as college fairs, outreach programs, workshops, and school visits.
- Travel territory management as assigned including scheduling of events/visits, building/maintaining of relationships with appropriate stakeholders, and coordination of events within assigned territory.
- Extensive travel during peak times will be required. Review of applications with decisions/recommended decisions within travel territory and other assigned reading territory.
- Monitoring/responding to email and other communications with prospective students, families, and office
- Participation in on-campus events to support recruitment efforts.
- Responsible for collection and collation of materials necessary for the assessment of applicants. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of all transfer student recruitment
- Attend transfer fairs at community colleges
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at community colleges including but not limited to Transfer Coordinators, STEM Faculty, or others as appropriate
- Attend meetings regarding MA Department of Higher Education, Connect Mass Transfer
- Review applications for all transfer students and re-admit students
- Review transcripts and provide unofficial evaluation of transfer credits
- Help develop and coordinate/maintain articulation agreements
- Analyze historical data to help build out projections for future recruitment terms
- Freshman travel coverage as needed
- Coordinator for Dual Enrollment program
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. At least one to three years of experience working in College/Higher Education Admissions or related. Ability to manage, train, motivate, and schedule groups of volunteers and student assistants. Ability to travel within the United States and possibly abroad. Ability to drive a vehicle. Valid driver’s license. Ability to work evenings and weekends. Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to speak publicly in front of small and large audiences. Knowledge of and skills in the use of technology and systems used to support and deliver admissions programs. Demonstrated cultural competence in the areas of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin, and other areas of diversity. General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as database management systems. Maintain a standard of admissions ethics. Knowledge, understanding, and commitment to the procedures and mission of the Massachusetts Maritime Academy.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, Psychology, Sociology or related field preferred. Prior knowledge and experience recruiting and counseling transfer students
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000. The Academy offers generous benefits policies and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this time. FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalists must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.