Assistant Director of Admissions, Coordinator of Community Partnerships
Posting: July 2022
Deadline for application: Open Until Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Division: Enrollment, Equity & Inclusion
Union Affiliation: Association of Professional Administrators (APA)
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Admissions
Supervision Exercised: Supervises subordinate professional, classified and student personnel in area of responsibility as assigned
General Statement of Duties: Responsible for collection and collation of materials necessary for the assessment of applications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read applications, evaluate eligibility, and make recommendations on student applications from assigned geographic territories and including international applicants
- Make final decisions on applications based on institutional policy and analysis of applicant’s potential for success at the Academy.
- Work with other staff members directly to support recruitment efforts of diverse students to the Academy
- Create and manage programs to promote and provide access to the Academy to prospective students.
- Assess and revise programming based on success metrics (attendance, enrollment goals, etc.,)
- Help develop/review marketing materials to promote the Academy.
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations that support the recruitment of students from diverse backgrounds and the industries we serve- Community based organizations, feeder schools, professional organizations.
- Work closely with the Office of Intercultural Engagement to create/promote/execute retention efforts for students
- Assist with pre and post accept activities with the Office of Intercultural Engagement
- Participate in mentoring/student support program- S.A.L.T (Supportive Approaches to Learning Together) Program
- Bachelor’s degree required. One (1) to three (3) years professional experience in Admissions or related field.
- Ability to travel within the United States and possibly abroad.
- Ability to drive a vehicle. Possess a valid driver’s license. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to speak publicly in front of small and large audiences.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with multiple constituencies both on and off-campus, as well prospective students and families.
- Skill and sensitivity of issues on diversity, equity, and inclusion as they affect the college admissions process, a demonstrated commitment to building a strong and diverse applicant pool, and an awareness of how systemic economic and racial inequity in students' secondary school backgrounds impacts their application to college.
- Maintain a standard of admissions ethics
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a multi-faceted environment. General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as data base management systems. Strong team-oriented attitude.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, Psychology, Sociology or related field preferred.
- Linguistic Fluency or proficiency in an additional language(s), both oral and written (i.e. Spanish, Portuguese, Creole, or Mandarin Chinese)
- Previous experience reading international applications preferred
- Basic knowledge of the US immigration system and SEVIS preferred.
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000. The Academy offers generous benefits policies and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Academy is not sponsoring immigration visas at this time. FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalists must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.