Posting Details (Default Section)
Assistant Professor, School of Education
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
School of Education-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Director, School of Education
Commensurate with Experience
: Metropolitan Campus with travel to Florham
Summary of Position
: The Assistant Professor of Education
will teach classes in the 5-year accelerated QUEST /Master of Arts
in Teaching ( MAT ) program, including literacy courses at both
elementary and secondary levels. The Assistant Professor will be
responsible for advising undergraduate and graduate candidates who
are pursuing NJDOE certification in either Pre-Kindergarten,
elementary, or secondary education. This includes advising
candidates who are pursuing either traditional or alternative
routes into the teaching field. The responsibilities include
advising, curriculum revision when necessary, collection of data
for CAEP accreditation, and ensuring the delivery of quality
programs to teaching candidates.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Teach classes in the QUEST and MAT program.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Support undergraduate admissions in recruitment of teaching
- Contribute to the national visibility and impact of the School
of Education by conducting research, publishing, and presenting at
state, national, and international conferences.
- Develop ongoing relationships with school districts and
- Use data collected for CAEP accreditation for program
- Collaborate with other faculty and the Director of the School
of Education to revise curriculum so it addresses the needs of all
students and candidates.
1. An earned doctorate in education, with an emphasis on primary,
elementary, or secondary education
2. Teaching experience in a P-12 environment (3 years or more
3. Strong background in early child or elementary literacy
4. Commitment to working with diverse students in early childhood
or elementary school settings
5. Established research agenda or potential to develop one
6. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Other Document
- Research Statement