SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by
Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution
focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system
and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher
Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY
Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate,
bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in
every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 51-year commitment to flexible, individualized
learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students
throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to
build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning
gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and
social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery
methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The
college boasts more than 92,000 successful alumni and partners
with nearly 17,000 students each year who want to expand their
personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a
multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All
qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse
faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to
live and work in an increasingly global world.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a Coordinator of Student
Academic Services (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) for the
School of Business. The Coordinator of Student Academic
Services provides leadership on problem resolution in overcoming
barriers towards degree completion and contributing to the
retention of undergraduate students in the School of Business and
collegewide. This individual serves as a team member with other
Student Academic Services colleagues and partners with functional
offices across the college to promote service excellence for
students. The Coordinator of Student Academic Services facilitates
and processes student requests for the School of Business with the
goal of informal resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists students in navigating academic policies and
procedures, provides technical support, and policy
- Assists students and faculty with problem-solving assistance to
resolve student concerns.
- Manages conflict and maintains confidentiality and respectful
communication when dealing with students and colleagues around
sensitive academic issues.
- Advises and communicates with the Dean regarding student
- Processes and manages service grievances, academic appeals, and
academic integrity issues for the School of Business.
- Collaborates with academic support to provide resources,
training and support for students and faculty regarding plagiarism
and academic integrity related issues.
- Manages documentation of student records, case records and
their resolution, and all relevant information within college
databases (i.e. Advise, Banner, SharePoint, and other relevant
- Organizes, interprets, and analyzes reports available through
databases to identify trends with student concerns.
- Assists the Dean with planning, implementation, and evaluation
of School-based retention initiatives based on data.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited US university or
comparable non-US university.
- Excellent and effective communication (written and oral) and
- Ability to work within a collaborative academic
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in
- Ability to analyze, mediate, and resolve complex problems.
- Demonstration of professionalism, integrity, and
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited US university or
comparable non-US university.
- Experience with computer databases and web-based communications
platforms; technology literacy.
- Experience with and demonstrated commitment to innovative
programs for non-traditional students and adult learners.
- This position will be located at one of the SUNY Empire State
College NY state regional locations.
- Occasional travel will be required to fulfill School of
Business and other college-wide commitments.
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation
and benefits package. We also offer professional-development
activities for professionals and support staff, as well as
faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of
disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of
teaching and learning, and leadership development.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE
ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH
THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME
STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100,
ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY
WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted
until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please
submit the following documents, which are required for
consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
FAQ for using our online system. Please contact
us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to
login to your Empire State College Employment Account to
check your completed application or to update your account.