Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of NC. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our
six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve
approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational
outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including,
but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to
cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes,
develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an
exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision,
and values, to join the team as our new Program Director, Dental
The Dental Assisting/Dental Hygiene Program Director in
collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences provides the vision
and leadership required to realize the mission of the Dental
Assisting/Dental Hygiene Programs and the college at large. Primary
administrative responsibilities include program
development/management, budget development/management, maintaining
programmatic accreditation/external partnerships, and providing
operational supervision to full- and part-time faculty and staff in
the department. Instructional responsibilities require a strong
Dental Sciences skill set and the ability to teach students
effectively in an instructional environment. The Program Director
is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a teaching load
with some administrative release time to carry out administrative
- Masters' degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
- Graduate of a Dental Hygiene program accredited by the
Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Current Certified Dental Assisting credential.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a dental hygienist
in North Carolina.
- Masters of Dental Hygiene degree and/or Doctoral degree from a
regionally accredited institution.
- Membership in the American Dental Hygienists Association
- Membership in the American Dental Assisting Association
- 3 years of full-time clinical experience in dental
- 3 years of experience teaching in dental assisting/dental
hygiene within a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with dental technology processes/products such a
database management, data analytics, and use of Electronic Health
Record software and Microsoft products.
- Experience with direct employee supervision and
- Experience with dental national accreditation standards and
procedures, i.e. CODA.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an effective
curriculum to include outcomes assessment and program
- Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in dental
- Greater than 3 years teaching experience in dental
assisting/dental hygiene within a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternative
instructional delivery systems.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative