: Metropolitan Campus with travel to
Summary of Position
: The Assistant Professor of
Education will teach classes in the 5-year accelerated QUEST/Master
of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program, including literacy courses at
both elementary and secondary levels. The Assistant Professor will
be responsible for advising undergraduate and graduate candidates
who are pursuing NJDOE certification in either Pre-Kindergarten,
elementary, or secondary education. This includes advising
candidates who are pursuing either traditional or alternative
routes into the teaching field. The responsibilities include
advising, curriculum revision when necessary, collection of data
for CAEP accreditation, and ensuring the delivery of quality
programs to teaching candidates.
Responsibilities (including but not limited
- Teach classes in the QUEST and MAT program.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Support undergraduate admissions in recruitment of teaching
- Contribute to the national visibility and impact of the School
of Education by conducting research, publishing, and presenting at
state, national, and international conferences.
- Develop ongoing relationships with school districts and
- Use data collected for CAEP accreditation for program
- Collaborate with other faculty and the Director of the School
of Education to revise curriculum so it addresses the needs of all
students and candidates.