University of Idaho
Col of Agricultural & Life
$17.74 per hour or higher depending on education
Provide support of AVFS Departmental functions and laboratory
activities associated with the department. Provide training for lab
personnel and graduate students by supervising and overseeing
training of graduate students on the major and minor general
instruments within laboratories. Provide regular oversight of
proper maintenance and operation of instruments. Provide research
support and actively support research experiments in animal
nutrition, physiology, muscle biology, immunology, and disease, and
assist graduate students. Assists in preparation of abstracts and
manuscripts for publication of experimental results. Regularly
review the scientific literature to stay current and to participate
in discussions in Lab Meetings and in Journal Clubs. Serve as a
team member for hiring committees, awards and staff appreciation
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science, physiology, nutrition,
dairy science, veterinary science or closely related scientific
- Following pre-established procedures or protocols.
- Analyzing scientific data.
- Keeping complete and accurate records.
- Working in a team environment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree in animal science, physiology, nutrition, dairy
science, veterinary science or closely related scientific degree,
or 3 years equivalent experience in scientific controlled
experiments involving beef and dairy cattle, sheep and horses.
- Experience in extensive molecular protocols and analytical
- Must possess: good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated skills related to computers and analytical
- Knowledge and experience in conducting controlled experiments
and management of data to the final report form, either abstract or
- Willingness and ability to work with food animal species.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Lift, carry, and/or otherwise move heavy materials weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Open Until Filled:
Posting will remain open until filled. Applications will be
reviewed on an ongoing basis.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your
“Letter of Qualification”
must address EACH of
the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or
experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the
evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications
as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a
substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative